2. Museums & Art Galleries Spend a day as a culture vulture and plan a visit to one of the many galleries and museums London has to offer. From the renowned Natural History Museum and National Science Museum in Kensington to the inspired Tate Britain , National Gallery and British Museum or the Imperial War Museum, there are plenty to choose from and something to suit all tastes.
3. The Royal Parks With eight Royal Parks across the City there is plenty of parkland for you to enjoy. Whether you are exploring the heritage site of Greenwich or strolling through Regents Park, you’ll feel a million miles from the hub of London. Many of the parks have their own unique treasures such as the Peter Pan Statue in Kensington Gardens or the Diana Memorial in Hyde Park .
4. Changing of the Guard Witness the spectacle of The Queen’s Guard as they perform the Changing of The Guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace . Conducted on the grounds in front of Buckingham Palace the ceremony takes 40 minutes to complete. From May to July you can see the Changing of the Guard every day at 11.30am, however throughout the rest of the year the ceremony is only performed on alternate days.
5. The Southbank This south bank of the Thames is well worth a visit. Many London landmarks can be found there, including the London Eye , the most recent addition to the London landmarks. The fantastic Tate Modern can be found in close vicinity as well.
6. Festivals and Markets Coincide your London break with one of the city’s many festivals. From the Notting Hill Carnival to New Year celebrations, firework displays and International festivities the city comes alive. London is also home to hundreds of spectacular markets from the renowned Camden Market to the historic Spitalfields and Covent Garden Markets and the world famous Portobello Market .
7. Plan your trip Now you have seen what London has to offer plan your trip by booking your London Hotels or your London Rail breaks with Superbreak.