1. Mission & Vision 1.1 Positioning: 1.2. Value Proposition:
Live search with guides
User generated content
Mobile phone querying products review
Product Yellow Page (software, book)
Become the biggest electronic products live search and review Web2.0 site in China.
2. Company Description: 2.1 Who we are: We are an electronic products live search and review website. 2.2 Where we are: We will land in Zhong guancun Beijing. Because there is the latest electronic products information and it covers all over the country compared with the other cities like Shanghai and Shenzhen. 2.3 What we do:
To provide the users with products live search with guide
To let users generate the content by themselves
To send the products reviews to the users’ mobile phone once they query
To compare the prices of different e-commerce websites
To publish product yellow page software and books
2.4 Why we start up: (1)The timing is appropriate : Now Web2.0 is spreading all over the world, every new start-up is trying to find the way to make miracle from this trend. Youtube made it, Myspace made it, Facebook made it and we can also make it in the near future. Because in China, this concept is still very new and no big success Web2.0 site comes up, especially the same type website. We can see that our website is the first one in China. (2)The need for the users: Users think that it is very difficult to find the electronic products information online through the search engines like google or yahoo and the professional electronic products forum like PConline or IT168. So our website with live search and users generated products reviews emerges with this time.
3. Product &Services 3.1 Product: This website can be divided in to two parts: one is the live search and the other is the products review community.
The search is made up of search in this site and search with guide.
3.2 Services: (1) We will provide the real person guides to help the users find the information they want. This is the alternative function the users could choose whether they need the guide help. They just need to type the name of the product, and then click the search with guide, our real guide will come out to chat with the user and guide him to know about the product.
(2) We will send the products reviews and the average prices to the users’ mobile phone once they want to check the product’s information. They just need to type the name and type of the product and send to the assigned number and then our website will reply with the detail information mentioned above. (3) We will compare the product’s prices of different e-commerce websites (4) We will collect the information from our database to make the electronics product guide dictionary and guide books. (5) Virtual Lab: according to the user’s reviews towards the product, in a flash-based webpage, the product will be made of two side one id the positive reviews in red and negative reviews in dark. And this is increasing with the reviews from the users. This is an illustration of the review of the product in very vivid way to help the users know about the goods quickly. The products are updating every minute.
4. Industry Analysis The core feature of Web2.0 is that the users are information receivers as well as information providers, which can provide a perfect platform for information exchanges Web2.0 is the second generation of internet based services that let people Collaborate and share information online in a new way.
The potential of ‘public evaluation website’ in mainland China.
One successful example of ‘public evaluation website’ in mainland China is 大众点评网 which focus on food. Now it has more than 60,000 restaurants information across 22 cities in China, and has already had more than 500,000 registered users.
4. 4. About electronic product websites in mainland China
There are several electronic product websites in mainland China now. However, they mainly focus on product introduction and price compare. The information is not coming from the consumers and users. There is few people share the real user experience of a specific electronic product in those websites.
In our survey, 68% users are not satisfied with the information those website provided. From whom, 62% think the information is out of date, 21% think some evaluation is not objective, 45% think the information is not interactive, 12% think the interface is not user-friendly, 65% think the information is overloaded and don’t know which one is believable.
1. Size: Around 500,000 registered users, of whom about 15%-20% are active users who are fans of electronic products and always express their opinions on our website. 2. Demographics: People aged between 16 to 50, urban citizens, use Internet often, averaged income above 2500 per month + non-income students, education level is above senior high school. 3. Geographic: Big or medium size cities, where living standard are relatively high, and people have varieties of choices of electronic products. 4. Other Characters: Those people are willing to buy electronic products, or are interested in electronic products and eyes on fashion of electronic products, not conservative, welcome opinions and enjoy sharing information.
The users have certain log in time can enjoy our senior user service free of
charge in a trial period. After that, they can choose whether they will continue
to use the pay services.
According the users contribution to the website, they can have discount on our
website’s pay service.
We will put their advertisements on our website free of charge in a trial period.
With the fact that they get benefits from that, they will support our website by
paying us to continue the advertisements.
This will be our first income and more important, the strong supporting evidence
to other potential advertisers.
7. Competitive Analysis Strengths ＊ The live Search You can enjoy a magic search experience which is more user friendly since there is a guide searching for you online and acquire the accurate information. ＊ Web2.0: user generated content+e-commerce The most important factors are the interactivity and participation. Trying to combine web2.0 with ecommerce. ＊ Convenient (various search ways) Online website, SMS about mobile phone querying products review ,Product yellow page with the forms of software, handbook, magazine.
Weaknesses ＊ ideas driven needs first participants to make it tangible have no our own database in the beginning ＊ the professional quality of guides how to build the standards of an objective evaluation? eliminate the fundamental clash between “Trustworthy” and “ 恶搞” . ＊ lack of a complete e-commerce process
have set up a successful paradigm and attract many users which are also our target consumers
8. Revenue Model 1. Advertising: We can make advertisements for the target electronics production companies. If the users search the products and the related ads will come out on the right of the search results page. Just like the Google’s Adsense. And if the users go to the products review page the ads will appear in the form of banner on the top or the left. 2. SMS Querying: The users need to pay for 1RMB for once product review query. And we will cooperate with the telecommunication operators and the share normally will be 7/3. We got 7.
3. Advanced Guide Charge: Our live guide service will be divided into to parts: one is for free and in this situation the guide just provides the outside useful links to the users. And the other is for charge. Our expert guides will help you from their personal experience to know more about the product. We roughly decide to charge once for 1RMB just the same with the SMS querying. And 10 times will be bundled into one package, the users can pay for it though 贝宝 in our website.
4. Cooperate with e-commerce websites: Just like Douban.com which recommend the books to the online book stores and then get the commission 10% from those stores once the buying process is done and this will not charge extra money for the users. We can also cooperate with the e-commerce websites and we will compare the prices listed for all those sites and let the users choose what they want.
9. Design & Development Plan 客户端 浏览器 1 浏览器 2 浏览器 3 … 浏览器 n 用户表现层 Web 页面 业务外观层 业务规则层 业务实体 系统框架层 数 据 访 问 层 数据库（ SQL ）