2. AcknowledgementI am thankful to my FRANKFINN institute and for giving such assignment for the purpose to learn hospitality for our future development and career. My sincere gratitude towards our faculty Mr. Arun Karumbaya for giving us such a wonderful opportunity and guidance.
3. INTRODUCTION• Hilton Hotels & Resorts(formerly known as Hilton Hotels) is an international hotel chain which includes many luxury hotels and resorts as well as select service hotels. It was founded by Conrad Hilton and is now owned by Hilton Worldwide. Hilton hotels are either owned by, managed by, or franchised to independent operators by Hilton Worldwide. Hilton Hotels became the first coast-to-coast hotel chain of the United States in 1943. As of 2010, there are now over 530 Hilton branded hotels across the world in 78 countries across six continents.
4. Hilton History• 1919 Conrad Hilton enters the hotel business in Cisco, Texas. On his way to buy a bank, Hilton purchases The Mobley, a local hotel, instead.• 1925 The first hotel formally named a Hilton opens in Dallas, Texas. Elevators, laundry shoots, air shafts and other non-customer facilities are built along the west side of the building so no guest rooms face the western sun. The setting sun can be brutal in summer time Dallas, especially before air-conditioning existed.• 1927 Hilton opens its first hotel with cold running water and air- conditioning in the public rooms (Waco Hilton, USA).• 1943 Hilton becomes the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the United States with the purchase of two hotels in New York City: the Roosevelt and the Plaza.• 1946 Hilton Hotels Corporation is formed and listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:HLT), the first hotel company to be listed on the stock exchange.
5. • 1947 The Roosevelt Hilton in New York City becomes the first hotel in the world to install televisions in guest rooms.• 1948 Hilton becomes the first hotel company to introduce a multi-hotel reservations system, the Inter- Hilton Hotel Reservation System, August 15. This is the beginning of the modern day reservation system.• 1949 Hilton International is born when Caribe Hilton in Puerto Rico, the first Hilton outside the U.S. opens.• 1950 The Stevens Hotel (now Hilton Chicago) creates its first special amenity for female travelers – a folder containing “social note paper,” a sewing kit and a booklet with names and telephone numbers for baby sitters, places to get a dress patched or ironed and gift shops. Many male travelers take these hotel kits home to their wives as gifts.
6. • 1953 Conrad Hilton delivers a speech at The Palmer House Hilton November 13, before the National Society for Crippled Children and Adults, entitled “Hiring the Handicapped Pays!” This prescient speech is given thirty-seven years before the Americans with Disabilities Act became law in 1990.• 1955 HILCRON — Hilton creates its first central reservation office. Reservations can be made at any domestic or international Hilton hotel and by telephone, teletype and telegram.• 1957 Hilton offers its first brand-wide direct-dial telephone service following an initial launch at The Conrad Hilton Towers in Chicago in the late 1940s.• 1959 Hilton opens its first airport hotel (380-room San Francisco Airport Hilton) and pioneers the airport hotel concept. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II attends a dinner in her honor at The Conrad Hilton (now Chicago Hilton) with Conrad Hilton.
7. • 1963 Hilton establishes its first department of women’s services to stimulate greater interest amongst women traveling either in connection with a convention, or independently for business or pleasure. These services evolve into the Lady Hilton concept.• 1964The Beatles meet Ed Sullivan at London Hilton on Park Lane.• 1965 Lady Hilton, the brand’s first concept designed for women travelers, is introduced. Select hotels have female-only floors or rooms. The rooms include items geared toward the traveling woman.• 1967The Beatles attend a lecture by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi at London Hilton on Park Lane before traveling with him to Utter Pradesh in India.• 1969John Lennon and Yoko Ono honeymoon in a Presidential Suite at Hilton Amsterdam and host their famous Bed-In for peace for a full week
8. • 1970 Hilton becomes the first NYSE-listed company to enter the domestic gaming business with the purchase of the Flamingo Hotel and the Las Vegas International – later named Las Vegas Hilton.• 1971 John Lennon handwrites the words to “Imagine” on a piece of Hilton New York stationery while at the hotel.• 1973 Another breakthrough in customer service is achieved as Hilton develops the first centralized reservation service using computer technology, HILTRON, which unites all Hilton hotels. The system is the most sophisticated computerized hotel reservation referral and reporting system in the industry and serves HHC and HI until 1999.• 1976 “HNSIS” goes into operation, allowing the first complete computerization of Hilton national sales accounts, bookings, records and reporting system.• 1987 Hilton introduces its first guest loyalty program, Hilton HHonors.
9. • 1994 Hilton HHonors Reward Exchange enables travelers to earn both points and air miles.• 1995 Hilton enters cyberspace as its first website, www.hilton.com, is launched. Computer users worldwide can now make room reservations and find out about hotel programs and special offers 24 hours a day.• 1999 Hilton launches HILSTAR, a new central reservation system.• 2002 Hilton introduces Hilton Worldwide Resorts, its first collection of premium resorts and exotic vacation experiences.• 2003 The first local language Hilton websites are created for United Kingdom, Germany, Japan and Scandinavia
10. • 2005 Hilton installs Hilton Serenity Beds and other signature amenities in dorm rooms at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo. to create optimal sleeping environments for U.S. Olympic and Paralympic athletes.• 2006 Hilton Hotels Corporation and Hilton International are reunited.An exclusive Cuisinart® dual-cup single-brew coffeemaker is designed for Hilton Hotels, marking the first time the Cuisinart brand is used in an out-of-home setting.• 2008 Hilton Vancouver Washington makes history in 2008 as the first hotel to be both Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) and Green Seal certified.• 2009 Hilton Hotels operates in 76 countries, more than any other full-service hotel brand.• 2010 Hilton becomes the first major hotelier to reach 50,000 fans on Facebook, the most popular social networking site in the world.
11. Branches• AFRICA | ASIA : China | Japan | South & Southeast Asia | AUSTRALASIA | CANADA | EASTERN EUROPE: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia | Turkey | LATIN AMERICA & CARIBBEAN : Caribbean | Central America | Mexico | South America | MEDITERRANEAN: Western Mediterranean | Eastern Mediterranean | MIDDLE EAST: Egypt | Saudi Arabia | United Arab Emirates & Dubai | SCANDIVANIA | UNITED STATES: Atlanta | Boston | Chicago | Dallas | Hawaii | Houston | Los Angeles | Miami & Ft. Lauderdale | Minneapolis & St. Paul | New Orleans | New York | Orange County & Long Beach | Orlando | Philadelphia | Phoenix | San Diego | San Francisco | Seattle | Tampa & St. Petersburg | Washington D.C. | WESTERN EUROPE: Austria | Benelux | France | Germany | Ireland | Italy | London | Paris | Scotland | Spain & Portugal | United Kingdom
12. HILTON HOTEL BRANDS Loyalty program Luxury Full serviceFocused service Time share
13. HOTEL INDUSTRY• Chain brands supplied reservation services, field sales operations and loyalty program administration.• Less standardization of operations.• Chains managed one anothers brands.
14. About Housekeeping• Housekeeping is the act of cleaning the rooms and furnishings of a home. It is one of the many chores included in the term housework. Housecleaning includes activities such as disposing of rubbish, cleaning dirty surfaces, dusting and vacuuming. It may also involve some outdoor chores, such as removing leaves from rain gutters, washing windows and sweeping doormats. The term is often used also figuratively in politics and business, for the removal of unwanted personnel, methods or policies in an effort at reform or improvement .
15. Areas and Sections of workRooms .Public Area.Rest rooms.Linen .Uniform .Laundry.Horticulture.Valet service.Housekeeping Desk area.
16. RoomsGuest Rooms• Each time a guest checks out of a hotel room, it must be stripped and thoroughly cleaned to prepare for the arrival of the next guest. All bed and bathroom linens must be removed and laundered. In-house laundry services will also fall under the role of the housekeeping department, though many hotels outsource this job. The guest bathroom must be scoured and sanitized, while towels and amenities are replenished. Guest rooms must be dusted and vacuumed. The housekeeping department should also check appliances in the room such as hair dryers, telephones, alarm clocks and refrigerators. Failures should be relayed to the front desk or the maintenance department. Housekeeping should also alert the front desk when bed linens, curtains, carpeting or other room furnishings are stained or otherwise in need of replacement.
17. Public Area• The housekeeping department is also responsible for the appearance of public areas. Lobbies, restrooms, ballrooms, gyms and other rooms utilized by guests need to be cleaned on a regular basis, sometimes daily. Rugs and carpeting must be kept vacuumed, and should be cleaned with a commercial shampooer as needed. Floors are mopped and waxed, while windows are kept clean and streak-free. In addition to cleaning, the housekeeping department will also re-organize public areas such as putting furniture back in its proper place, straightening and plumping decorative pillows, retrieving dishes and glasses left in hallways and piling magazines and brochures that are displayed for guest use.
18. Rest Rooms• Rest rooms means where guest can take rest for some time.• Rest rooms are rooms which are situated in the hotel.• These rooms which guest can use with his choice.• Rest rooms are very important part of hotel.• After all money comes from rest rooms also.
19. Linen Room• Linen rooms means the all the laundered cloths kept in this room.• These rooms are mainly used by housekeeping department.• Laundry cloths, and all the linen like table clothes,all types of clothes kept in this room.• Also the staffs clothes kept in this room.• This room is very very important in good five star Hotel.
20. Uniform Room• Uniform Rooms means the staffs clothes kept in this room .• These all clothes well pressed and ironed very good.• These rooms are also very very important in good five star hotel.
21. Laundry• The housekeeping department is also responsible cleaning and maintaining linen such as bedding, bath towels, tablecloths and napkins used within the facilities.• Staff member generally launder each piece of soiled linen with detergent in washing and drying machines. Linen is then ironed and stored for later use. In some business and residences, maids make beds, placing clean sheets, pillowcases and blankets on them as well as setting tables by placing table cloths on them at meal times.
22. Valet Service• Valet Service means the parking of all guest vehicles.• Valet parking is a parking service offered by some restaurants, stores, and other businesses, particularly in North America. In contrast to "self-parking", where customers find a parking space on their own, customers vehicles are parked for them by a person called a valet. This service either requires a fee to be paid by the customer or is offered free of charge by the establishment .
23. Housekeeping Desk AreaThe H.K. control desk is the central nerve centre of the housekeeping department. This isthe area in the dept. where all information is received and from where messages aretransmitted to housekeeping staff and other staff present in various parts of the hotel.Thus, the control desk may be considered the nerve centre for to and fro communicationin the housekeeping dept. Main functions of the control desk is:- i)Ensuring smooth co-ordination between housekeeping and other dept.such as maintenance, front office, food and beverage, security, sales and marketing and so on. ii)The control desk receives messages from in-house guests over the telephone and transmits it to the floor staff.iii)In most hotels, this is the area where housekeeping employees report for work; collectthe respective keys, sign for them; read the log book; get their briefing; and at the end of their shift, report back. iv) Maintaining various important records, registers, forms and formats so that they are available and easily accessible for reference to managers
24. Registers maintained are:-• Log book ,• Maintenance work order forms• Housekeeping call register• Guest loan item register,• Lost and found register,• Occupancy report• Room status report/Housekeepers report• Room transfer report/room change report• Special cleaning register• VIP in-house list,• VIP arrival list.• Key control register
25. Revenueo Accommodation in hotels tend to be the largest part of the hotel it is the most revenue generating department ,the housekeeping department taken can of all rooms is often largest department in hotels.o Hotel offer loundry ,dry cleaning,facilities many hotel offer suits to the guest.o Hotel offer guest the choice of specially restaurant ,cofee shop,the bar also sells liguors which generate the revenue of the hotel.o Revenue can be generated from conferencing , meeting ,seminar etc.o End of the day revenue is main part of Hotel.
26. What do you learn from the housekeeping department?• I learnt from the housekeeping department that the department is very important in the hotel industry.• Because the housekeeping department is the only department who has access every department.• Also the cleaning procedure of housekeeping department.• Housekeeping department is the heart of the hotel.• Because of Housekeeping department the revenue of hotel is totally dependant.• Also I learnt the more terms regading housekeeping.• This all I learnt from this department.
27. CONSUMERS• Only 41% of consumers use hotels over night.Three segments of customers:• Business segments• Convention segments• Leisure segments
28. COMPETITION Four global brands dominated business class Hotel markets. Starwood Hyatt Hilton Marriot
29. MARKETING THE HILTON BRAND• Hilton hotels were controlled by unrelated corporations. Hilton Hotels Corporation(HHC) Hilton International Corporation(HIC)• Reunified in 1997• Bollenbach appointed as president and CEO of Hilton.• Focus on Brand development.• Varying product has been a limiting factor.• Challenge to maintain customer expectation.• The revenues reached $158 per night per guest.• Occupancy exceeded break even.• Fixed costs at about 68% occupancy and 80% at higher occupancy level.
30. HILTON HHONORS PROGRAM• Hilton HHonors worldwide - not as a profit center but as a service.• Required to measure the effectiveness through set of metrics.• Membership was provided free of cost.• Members earned points during their stay at HHC or HIC hotels.• When earned enough points stay at the hotel is redeemed.
31. RATIONALES FOR THE PROGRAM1) Revenue and yield management• Appoint a revenue manager to oversee day to day decisions.• Yield management models were probabilistic algorithms that helped managers set reservation policy.• Variable pricing – rate charged on size and fittings as well as day of booking, length of stay and customer characteristics.• Walking cost depends on1. Customers future life time value2. Function of their willingness to pay past loyalty.
32. RELATION WITH THE GUESTS• This program let the most valuable guests to be recognized on-property.• After visit calling.• Feedback groups in addition with focus groups• Maintenance of guest profile
33. HELPING TRAVEL MANAGERS GAIN COMPLIANCE • Proportion of Hilton business came from contract with large corporate clients. • Responsibilities of travel manager. • Negotiate a rate by promising volume of stays. • Objective is to use the program as a tool that can help travel manager with compliance to their overall travel policy.
34. MEMBERS ATTITUDE• HHW made use of conjoint analysis to measure what members wanted from HHP.• Important features of the hotel programs were Room upgrades and airline miles. Free hotel stays and variety of on property profit benefits and services. Diskin recognized from the study thato To attract game playerso To improve the stay experience for members
35. STARWOODS ANNOUNCEMENT• The wall street journal of feb2,1999 announced the birth of Starwood preferred guest program• It included more than 550 participating properties worldwide• Four features were No blackout dates No capacity control Paperless reward Hotel reimbursements
36. Future Plans• We’re continuing to expand our offerings across the globe. We’re pleased to share both our newest properties as well as those opening soon.
37. • Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront Resort & Spa, United States,Projected to open in 2nd quarter 2012• Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, Mexico,Projected to open in 3rd quarter 2012• Hilton London Wembley, United Kingdom,Projected to open in 3rd quarter 2012• Hilton at St Georges Park Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom,Projected to open in 3rd quarter 2012• Hilton Lima Miraflores, Peru,Projected to open in 4th quarter 2012• Hilton Columbus Downtown, United States,Projected to open in 4th quarter 2012• Hilton Shillim Retreat, India,Projected to open in 4th quarter 2012• Hilton Bangalore Residences, India,Projected to open in 4th quarter 2012• Hilton Sharjah, UAE,Projected to open in 4th quarter 2012• Hilton Kiev, Ukraine,Projected to open in 4th quarter 2012• Hilton Zhongshan Downtown, China,Projected to open in 4th quarter 2012• Hilton Shijiazhuang, China,Projected to open in 4th quarter 2012
39. I would like to thank “Frankfinn Institute of AirHostess Training” to give me this opportunity. Andalso thank Hospitality Trainer Mr. Arun Karumbayafor the tremendous support and encouragement hehas shown to all of us to do this project.
40. The Oberoi Group, founded in 1934, now employs about12,000 people worldwide and owns and manages about thirty hotelsand five luxury cruisers. Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra, ranks amongst the Top10 HotelSpas Asia-Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East of theTravel + Leisure magazine., and also Rank 3rd in Best Hotels in Asia in2007. Other activities include airline catering, management ofrestaurants and airport bars, travel and tour services, car rental,project management and corporate air charters. TheGroup has a number of hotels worldwide, latest hotel additions being inSingapore, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Egypt and Africa.
41. Rai Bahadur Mohan Singh Oberoi (August 15, 1898 — May3, 2002)was a renowned Indian hotelier, widely regarded as the fatherof 20th century Indias hotel business, was the founder Chairmanof Oberoi Hotels & Resorts, Indias second-largest hotel company,with 35 luxury hotels in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Egypt,Australia and Hungary.A centenarian, he is acknowledged for putting the Indianhoteliering on the global map by successfully establishingnoted hotel brands like Oberoi and Trident worldwide.he was revered in his later years as a far-ranging visionarywho provided a modern structural model for South Asias tourismand hospitality services industry.He was awarded the one of Indias highest civilian awards thePadma Bhushan in 2001
42. The Oberoi Group Hotels in India• The Oberoi, Amarvilas, Agra• The Oberoi, Bangalore• The Oberoi, New Delhi• The Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur• The Oberoi Grand, Kolkata• The Oberoi, Mumbai• The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla• The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur• Oberoi Maidens Hotel, Delhi• Clarkes Hotel Shimla• Oberoi Vrinda Luxury House Boat
43. IntroductionThe Oberoi, Mumbai, is located in the middle of the financial zoneof this bustling metropolis, which is the financial and film makingcapital of India (formerly known as Bombay). This luxury hotel,with its grand façade and well appointed rooms, has won severalawards and recognition, including a place on Conde Nasts gold List.It has been ranked amongst the best hotels in the world byAsiamoney magazine and Travel + Leisure.Basic DataName: The Oberoi, MumbaiCategory: 5 star deluxContact Location: Nariman Point, Mumbai 400021, India.Number of rooms: 333 spacious rooms,including 11 executivesuites, 6 deluxe suites and 4 presidentialsuites.
44. •Health club•24-hour front desk •On-site medical assistance available•Restaurant(s) in hotel •Wireless (high-speed) Internet access•Bar/lounge •Massage - spa treatment room(s)•Air-conditioned public areas •Multiple small meeting rooms•Currency exchange •Parking (free)•Fitness facilities •Parking (valet)•Internet access in public areas - high speed •Porter/bellhop•Internet access - wireless •Room service•Number of rooms: 287 •Safe-deposit box - front desk•Laundry facilities •Number of restaurants 3•Medical assistance available •24-hour business center•Audio-visual equipment •Security guard•Banquet facilities •Shoe shine•Swimming pool - outdoor •Shopping on site•Concierge desk •On-site car rental•Multiple conference/meeting rooms •Fax machine•Dry cleaning/laundry service •Photocopy machines•Elevator/lift •Spa services on site•Express check- in •Suitable for children•Gift shops or newsstand •Swimming pool•Hair salon
45. Refined in design detail and meticulously appointed, the guestrooms and suites are luxurious havens of contemporary elegance.Newly renovated 73 suites and 214 rooms are luxuriouslyfurnished and feature the latest technology with a focus oncomfort and convenience.All rooms feature dark oak wood floor, deep walnut furniture,leather clad headboard in pale ivory, hand tufted rug and brilliantcolours of the specially commissioned oil paintings. An iPoddocking station, a High Definition Media Interface (HDMI) hub inthe writing desk to connect electronic devices to the largetelevision and WiFi are some of the technology features in eachroom.
46. The Oberoi,BangaloreIntroductionLocated in the heart of downtown Bangalore, The Oberoi, Bangalore is one of the premier 5 star hotels in India. It has won several awards, including The Executive choice Award from Asiamoney Magazine,two for Best Kept Garden And Buildings (1998, 2000) from Bangalore Urban Arts commission; apart from a Certificate of Achievementfrom Green Globe Travel and Tourism Council.Health FacilitiesFor leisure and fitness, SMS Hotel Jaipur offers fully equippedgymnasium for workouts. The cool waters of the pool can be enjoyedfor relaxation or passing away the time. you can also avail of thesports facilities available at the hotel.
47. The Oberoi UdaivilasIntroductionNestled amidst the picturesque Himalayan ranges, the erstwhileBritish hill station of Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, is a touristsparadise. The Clarkes Hotel, maintained by the Oberoi Group ofHotels and Resorts, is a quiet, cozy tourist resort set amidstthe splendor of the Himalayan town. Built in 1898, this is oneof the oldest hotels in Shimla, if not India. Overlooking Shimlasheart, The Mall, this is a charming, quaint getaway for those whowish to experience the charms of the bygone British era in India.
48. Basic DataName: The Oberoi UdaivilasCategory: 5 starLocation: Haridasji Ki Magri, Udaipur - 313001, Rajasthan, India.Number of rooms: 86, including 63 deluxe rooms, 19 superior rooms, 3 luxury suitesand the luxurious Kohinoor suite.
49. The Oberoi RajvilasIntroductionThe Oberoi Rajvilas at Jaipur overlooks the colorful and vibrant"pink city". The magnificent fort setting, together with 32 acres of gardens landscaped in the style favored by Rajasthani royalty,take you back to the days of the Rajput warriors and princesses. The Oberoi Rajvilas has won many awards and recognitions,and has been declared the 3rd best value hotel in Asia by theTravel + Leisure 2005 polls, and an Editors Choice Award from Harpers.Basic DataName The Oberoi Rajvilas, JaipurLocation Goner Road, JaipurCategory 5 starNumber of Rooms 54
50. The Oberoi Maidens HotelIntroductionBuilt in 1900, The Oberoi Maidens Hotel is famed for its elegant, colonial era façade and quiet, private rooms. Situated close tothe Delhi University campus, as well as the busy Chandni Chowk market, the Oberoi Maidens is a good option for tourists who wish toexplore the sights and sounds of Delhi. Basic Data State New Delhi City New Delhi Category 5 Star Location 7 Sham Nath Marg, New Delhi - 110054, India. Group Oberoi Group of Hotels
51. The Oberoi GrandIntroductionThe Oberoi Grand stands on the historic Chowringeecrossing of Job Charnocks Kolkata. It is over 125 yearsold, and one of the oldest luxury hotels in India. It hasbeen declared the Best Business Hotel in Asia byInternational Business Asia, a subsidiary of CNBC. Thetourism department of West Bengal, India, also awardedit the Best Hotel in the 5 star Category in Eastern Indiaprize.FacilitiesThe Oberoi Grand, Kolkata, caters to those who wish to hold businessconferences. The conference room has a fax machine, PCs with Internet, and the hotel provides secretarial service. The large ballroom seats up to 800 people and can be used for conferences or get togethers.
52. Basic DataName: The Oberoi GrandCategory: 5 starContact Location: 15, Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Kolkata, India.Number of rooms: Total 216 well appointed rooms. 130 superiorrooms, 36 premium rooms, 41deluxe rooms, 3 suites each in junior,deluxe and executive categories
53. The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla.IntroductionLocated in the picturesque hill capital of HimachalPradesh, The Oberoi Cecil is a remnant of the days ofBritish rule over India. Its 120-year-old façade, woodenfloors, Victorian era furniture and old fashionedfireplaces transport you to the bygone times whenShimla was the summer station of the British. The mightyHimalayan ranges provide an apt backdrop to this cozy,yet majestic, hotel.Basic DataName: The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla.Category: 5 starContact Location: Chaura Maidan, Shimla 171 0001. Himachal Pradesh
54. The OberoiVrinda Luxury houseboatIntroductionThe Oberoi Luxury Houseboat Vrinda is a floating luxury hotel fortourists who wish to tour the entrancing backwaters of Kerala.The Motor Boat gently floats through the canals and backwaters of Gods Own Country as you relax on the decks with a camera.Health FacilitiesFor leisure and fitness, Ushakirn Palace Gwalior features the Jiva Spawhere you can get both traditional Ayurvedic and more modern WesternSpa Treatments and Therapies. Enjoy a dip in the cool blue waters of thepool to forget all get over from tiredness. Enjoy billiards, chess andbackgammon at the hotel premises. The library at the hotel is well stockedwith books of various topics and is an interesting companion on yourvacations. Visit the souvenir shop where you can get something of interest or use.
55. Basic DataName: The Oberoi Vrinda Luxury houseboatCategory: 5 starContact Location: C-46/452 (II), Bristow Road,Willingdon Islands, Cochin-682003, Kerala, India.Number of cabins: 8 at lower deck level
56. J. Willard Marriott, who had relocated with his business partner Hugh Colton and his wife Alicefrom Utah to Washington, D.C., started the company in 1927, when he operated a curbside foodstand selling A&W Root Beer in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington at 14thStreet and Park Road NW. He would later rename the food stand The Hot Shoppe, addingMexican food items to the menu. Marriotts business expanded to Baltimore, Maryland, in1934, shortly after which the company started its food services division. During the SecondWorld War, the business expanded to include the management of food services in defenseplants and government buildings, such as the U.S. Treasury. Then in the 1950s, Hot Shoppes, Inc.started providing food services to public schools and to Childrens Hospital in 1955, a contractwhich they held for 35 years.Marriotts restaurant chain grew, and the company went public in 1953. In 1957, he expandedhis business to hotels, opening the first Marriott hotel—actually a motel, the Twin BridgesMotor Hotel—in Arlington County, Virginia. The company became Marriott, Inc., in 1967. Twolarge chains were added to the group, the Big Boy family restaurants in 1967 and Roy RogersFamily Restaurants in 1968.Over the years, Marriotts company interests expanded. Continuing with food services, Marriotteventually invented airline in-flight food service. This segment of their enterprise continues tobe a large part of their business, providing food services to many major airlines. Ultimately, HotShoppes, Inc. changed its name, becoming the Marriott Corporation in 1967. [4
57. In 1976, Marriott opened two theme parks called Marriotts Great America in California andIllinois. The parks had replicas of the first Hot Shoppes. Both parks were sold in the mid-1980s.In 1980, the company purchased the Howard Johnsons restaurant chain and acquired HostInternational in 1982. By 1984, Marriott had formed a vacation time-share division, now calledMarriott Vacation Club International, and a senior-living division.The Marriott Corporation ended its existence as a single company in 1993, when it was split intotwo separate entities: 1) Marriott International Corporation, which operated the hotel andlodging aspect of the business and Marriott Vacation Club International, and 2) Host MarriottCorporation, the new name for the original Marriott Corporation and operating the MarriottFood Services Management. The last Hot Shoppes restaurant, located in the Marlow HeightsShopping Center, closed on December 2, 1999.
59. • Fidelio includes the various types of reservation. Eg: Individual, company, group, airlines, travel agents, etc.• Waitlist reservations are done.• Availabilities are displayed by room types.• Manual and automatic rate assignment.• Ability to form a standard confirmation letter and automatic printing of the same.
60. • Automatic transfer of charges to another room or account.• Other aspects of reservation such as search of guest by membership code by corporate ID, etc,.• Multiple reservation for the same guest.• Creates multiple traces for a guest• Ability to print messages in multiple languages.