By Sunil Talekar, Student handout-SOFT -Pune
• The Product Development section is a window for new
buyers in term of pricing, sampling and information
• The department provides assistance on a micro level,
something that is essential to the growth of any
PRE PRODUCTION PROCESS
Effective management of Pre
Production approvals process is
critical to delivering a great
quality product on time.
Pre production team works with
well articulated and well thought
out timings and action calendars
ensuring that each product is
ready for production in the true
sense before it gets handed over
to production department for
PRODUCTION PROCESS KNITTING
Fabric is produced on Circular knitting machines, as per
Principal yarns are cotton and cotton blends including Lycra.
Fabric range is single jersey, pique, interlock 2/3 thread
fleece, thermals, waffles, jaquards and feeder / auto stripe
jersey / interlocks.
Trims are made on flat knit machines.
Sometime a database of all fabric development and
production to ensure reproducibility and give a wide
choice to the buyers.
PRODUCTION PROCESS DYEING
• Fabric is dyed using the latest soft flow technology.
• Reactive dyes are used to meet the international standards of dyed
• Polyester dyeing is also available along with reliable resource base
for yarn dyeing.
PRODUCTION PROCESS FABRIC FINISHING
Complete finishing range for all types of knitted fabrics,
done on squeezer horizontal dryer, compactor for proper
fabric handle and ensure fabric stability.
PATTERN & CUTTING
CAD system is used to make precise
patterns and grading as well as
planning a lay and markers for
efficient and accurate cutting.
In line inspection of cut goods is
carried out before it is transferred
to the stitching department.
PRODUCTION PROCESS- PRINTING
Printing is being done
manually & automatic
Printing options are
•Water based screen
• The flock printing is a latest technology to make an artificial velvet surface with Electrostatic
• This can be done on any kind of fabric & garments on any part of the garments giving very
soft hand feel.
• The flock printing is done by flock sheets by transfering flock paper on fabric.
HIGH DENSITY- PRINTING
• High density
screen printing at
first glance seems
to be some sort of
• Foil Sparkles Shimmers are
used for applications like
giving flashing effect on
cloth, enhancing color
shade after printing, giving a
lamination effect, giving
transparent effects Giving
very soft hand feel & color
fasteners towards world
class standards & world
class ECO System.
Appliqués are being
attached by hand
with gum and then
embroidery is done
by using most
advanced Tajima &
• Stitching machines to assemble
polo shirts, pieced garments,
rugby, henleys and other styles.
• Time-motion studies, using
industrial engineering techniques
are used to plan production lines
for every style that goes into
• Unique trolley system to
transport parts from one stitching
station to the other has reduced
the through-put time from 3 days
to 6 hrs.
PRODUCTION PROCESS-FINISHING & PACKING.
In finishing all stitched
garments are being
checked for quality and
appearance and then finaly
after folding and poly
packing goes to cartons.