2. COLOR ◦ is a very powerful tool. ◦ can influence the way you feel. ◦ has a psychological effect on the viewer almost instantly. ◦ stimulates our senses and emotions. ◦ means different things to different people. Today we are going to talk about the meaning behind color.
3. Black Yellow Red If you answered red, you are correct. Red is a very emotionally intense color. It enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure.
4. Red Beige Green If you answered red, you are correct. Red means good luck in China, where it is the traditional color for brides. White is the traditional color of mourning in China and Japan.
5. Stimulates the appetite, raises blood pressure, stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing Attract attention, creates excitement, takes control Forceful, bold, extreme, aggressive TIP: A good accent color TIP: Stimulates the appetite; therefore is a good choice for dining rooms
6. White Purple Green If you answered purple, you are correct. Purple, or violet, is the traditional color of royalty. Cleopatra loved purple.
7. Contains elements of surprise and magic Represents royalty Suggests romance, imagination, passion Suppresses appetite Feminine Artistic TIP: Good choice for children’s rooms
8. Black Yellow Pink If you answered yellow, you are correct. People get angry the most and babies cry most often, in yellow rooms according to scientific research.
9. Is an attention getter Stimulates the memory Is optimistic and cheerful Speeds metabolism Aids digestion, stimulates circulation, frustration, and caution People lose their temper more often in yellow rooms; babies cry more
10. Pink White Green Green is correct! Green is the easiest color on the eye and causes people to relax. Heard of the “green room” backstage? It’s the room set aside for people waiting to go onstage.
11. Is a peaceful color Symbolizes nature Confers a sense of relaxation and comfort Represents health and prosperity Is the most well-liked color and the easiest color for the eye to see Suggests balance, harmony, growth, birth, wealth, compassion and security.
12. Black Yellow Blue If you answered blue, you are correct. Tests show blue is the least appetizing food color because it is rare in nature, and because spoiled food often turns blue. Red, on the other hand, increases the appetite. Many restaurants are decorated in red.
13. Is associated with fashion trends Is a symbol of trust and longevity Is refreshing, soothing, calm, dependable Causes the body to produce calming chemicals Slows metabolism, lowers blood pressure Decreases heartburn and indigestion Is the most popular color in the U.S. Can be perceived as depressing and gloomy if overused
14. Green Brown Black Brown, the color of earth, brown, indicates genuineness. Did you guess correctly?
15. Conveys warmth and comfort Is solid and reliable Is the color of earth and abundant in nature Is preferred by more men than women Is often seen in libraries and bedrooms (areas associated with seclusion)
16. Green Blue Pink Did you select pink? In fact, some sport coaches have painted the locker rooms used by opposing teams in pink, which can cause people looking at it to feel tired.
17. Is feminine Soothes and promotes affection Is more tranquil than red Represents caring and sharing Is the color of romance Symbolizes love and friendship
18. Black Red Blue It’s black. Remember the "bad guy" in the black hat in western movies. Modern villains wear black as well.
19. Suggests sophistication, elegance, dignity, worldliness, and mystery Is the color of authority and power TIP: Use black sparingly as an accent color
20. White Beige Pink I hope you guessed white. White is associated with light, goodness, innocence, purity, and virginity. It is considered to be the color of perfection.
21. Indicates purity, innocence, cleanliness, youth Lends a sense of calm to a space Is associated with hospitals, doctors, and sterility Is often associated with low weight, low-fat food, and dairy products TIP: White looks good in a room that is enhanced by good natural light. Tip: Choose warm creamy whites instead of stark whites.
22. White Gray Black I hope you chose gray. Gray is the symbol of maturity.
23. Lacks assertiveness, but suggests intelligence, guarded behavior, a sense of discipline Is the color of aging as in “the graying of America” Is a true neutral color Gray’s energy imparts void, emptiness, lack of movement, emotion, warmth and identifying characteristics Can seem chilling and impersonal
24. Has this discussionchanged you’re the waythat you thought aboutcolor? Next time you shopfor clothes, will thisdiscussion influence whatyou buy?