1. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>GRUNDTVIG PROJECT “ INTEGRATION OF INMIGRANTS IN THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS”. SECTION: International Calendar. National and International festivities
2. <ul><li>STUDENTS INVOLVED: </li></ul><ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>María Elena Cachucho Vázquez VENEZUELA .13 years old, 2nd year Adriana Maud Mesanza ARGENTINA .13 years old, 2nd year
3. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>Vladislav Shvets RUSSIA .17 years old, 1st year Bach. Miguel Grullón DOMINICAN REPUBLIC . 14 years old, 3rd year
4. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>Ana Filipa Sousa Braga PORTUGAL .19 years old, Bussiness Course Mery Gómez Caro PERU . 20 years old, Adult Education
5. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>Marcela Troncoso da Gama BRASIL . 32 years old, Adult Education Gustavo Cunha Portela BRASIL . 33 years old, Adult Education
6. 1.- DATE OF ARRIVAL IN SPAIN Adriana .- 19 December 2009 Vladislav .- June 2006 Mª Elena .- 2004 Ana Filipa .- Summer 2008 Mery .- 2002 Marcela .- April 1989 Gustavo .- April 1982
7. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>2.- DID YOU HAVE A PREVIOUS IMAGE OF THIS COUNTRY? MENTION AND DISCUSS IT/ THEM Adriana : “I have been travelling from Venezuela to Spain since a was a child, so my knowledge of the country was very good”. Vladislav : “Better life, better house, the sun, the beaches and the clean sea”. Mª Elena : “I thought that it was colder than Venezuela and that there were beautiful and ancient monuments”. Ana Filipa : “Life was better in Spain and I liked its culture and folks.” Mery : “ I thought that Spain was a country full of history, castles, medieval past and with a full range of landscapes”. Marcela : “The medieval past, the flamenco, paella, jamón Serrano and all the delicious food in general”. Gustavo : “Its history and peculiar geography. The rich gastronomy “
8. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>3.- WHICH WERE THE REASONS FOR YOUR COMING? FAMILY,POLITICS, ECONOMY,OTHERS. Adriana : We came here to find a better life due to the lack of jobs and money in my country of origin. Vladislav : To study in the Spanish Educational System. MªElena : We came here for political and economic reasons. Life in Venezuela is becoming worse everyday and my mum decided to come to Spain to start a new life. Ana Filipa : For economical reasons and because fortunately we have family here who could help us to find a job and a house. Mery : My father has Galician ancestors and in Peru economy was going worse and worse, so that is the reason because we chose A Guarda to settle. Marcela : My father is from Goian close to A Guarda and my mother is Brasilian. When my father lost his job in Sao Paulo, we decided to move here. Gustavo : Part of my mother´s family was living here.
9. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>4.- WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING FESTIVITIES WERE MORE WEIRD, ATRACTIVE OR DIFFERENT FOR YOU? MOUNTAIN FESTIVAL
10. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>EASTER PROCESSIONS
11. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>EASTER PROCESSIONS
12. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>CARNIVALS IN GALICIA
13. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>ALL SAINTS FESTIVITY
14. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>MAGOSTO (CHESTNUT FESTIVAL)
15. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>LOBSTER FESTIVITY CORPUS CHRISTI CARPETS
16. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>PARADE OF THE THREE WISE MEN
17. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>Adriana : Corpus Christi carpets and the Three Wise Men. Vladislav : Mountain Festival. Mª Elena : Mountain Festival, Corpus Christi carpets, Lobster festivity. Ana Filipa : Carnivals in Galicia and Mountain Festival. Mery : Mountain Festival and Chestnut Festival. Marcela : Mountain Festival and Chestnut Festival. Gustavo : Mountain Festival , Carnivals in Galicia and Magosto.
18. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>5.- WHICH OF THE FESTIVITIES MENTIONED ABOVE HAVE ANY SIMILARITY WITH ANY OF YOUR COUNTRY ORIGIN? Adriana : All Saints Festivity, because I think it has a long tradition in the catholic countries. Vladislav : Easter is also a very important festivity for the Ortodox Church in Russia. Mª Elena : All the Easter celebrations are similar and we have also the three Wise Men festivity the 6th January. Ana Filipa : They are almost the same as in Spain, but Easter and Corpus Christi carpets are also very common in Portugal. Mery : The carnivals and Easter processions are common in Peru and I think in the rest of South America. Marcela and Gustavo : In Brasil we have a mixture of cultures from Africa, Europe and even China so apart the Carnival and some catholic festivities in our country of origin is quite different.
19. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>6.- WHICH AT LEAST TWO FESTIVITIES OF YOUR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN THAT HAS LITTLE OR NOTHING TO DO THE ONES OF THIS COUNTRY? Adriana : Carnivals, Student´s parties, grape harvest. Vladislav: “Maslenitsa” which is a festivity to welcome spring, 23 rd february Victory of the former SovietUnion. Mª Elena: Independence day (Simon Bolivar). Ana Filipa: In Christmas we do not have the typical Spanish desserts and we celebrate the 13rd of May to commemorate the Virgin of Fátima. Mery : Independence Day Marcela and Gustavo : “Temanja” , festivity to honor our family spirits.
20. <ul><li>IES A Sangriña </li></ul>THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS COOPERATE WITH US IN THE ELABORATION OF THIS PROJECT