(22nd Nov – 27st Nov, 2010)
- Sumit Kalra
General Motors $23 bn IPO world's
1. The underwriters, led by Morgan Stanley,
JPMorgan Chase & Co, Bank of America Merrill
Lynch and Citigroup Inc, exercised their option on
an additional 71.7 million shares worth $2.37
2. The US automaker last week raised $20.1 billion
in an IPO of common and preferred shares in the
biggest US IPO ever. With this full overallotment,
GM has now raised $23.1 billion, outpacing
Agricultural Bank of China's $22.1 billion July IPO
and making GM the biggest IPO globally.
Mukesh Ambani's first power bill in
Antilia - Rs 70 lakh
1. In the one month since he moved in with wife Nita
and their three children, the house has generated a
power bill of Rs 70,69,488, Mumbai's highest
residential electricity bill.
2. According to the bill for the month of September,
Antilia consumed 6,37,240 units of power. To put it
in perspective, an average household equipped with
all electronic amenities consumes 300 units per
China launches electronic passports
1. China has launched its first ever electronic
passports that would contain information in
2. The adoption of electronic passports complies
with international trends and plays an important
role in international travel for officials.
3. The passport features an electronic data storage
chip that contains personal data including name,
family name, personal numeric code, the
document's term of validity, the issuing agency
Sensex continues to bleed on loan
1. The benchmark index of Indian equities markets
shed 449 points this week, taking the last three
weeks' loss to 1,868 points as 2G spectrum
allocation scam and housing loan bribery scandal
dampened sentiments and weighed heavy on the
2. The CBI arrested senior officials from LIC Housing
Finance, LIC, Bank of India, Central Bank of India
and Punjab National Bank for allegedly accepting
bribes to extend loans to realty companies.
Silver drops further on hectic off-
loading, gold also falls
1. Silver continued to slide at the bullion market here
today due to heavy off-loading by stockists and
speculators amidst weak global cues.
2. Gold also declined owing to lack of local buying
interest and jewellery demand.
Silver ready (.999 fineness) slumped by Rs 350 per
kg to end at Rs 42,005 from overnight closing level
of Rs 42,355.
3. Standard gold (99.5 per cent purity) moved down
by Rs 40 per 10 grams to close at Rs 20,345 from
India food inflation at 10.15% y/y
on Nov 13-govt
1. India's food price index rose 10.15 percent, while
the fuel price index climbed 10.57 percent in the
year to Nov. 13, government data on Thursday
2. In the prior week, annual food and fuel inflation
stood at 10.30 percent and 10.57 percent,
3. The primary articles price index was up 13.38
percent in the latest week compared with an
annual rise of 13.30 percent a week earlier.
Top Gainers (Previous Week)
Company Group Previous Close (Rs) Current Price (Rs) % Change
Top Losers (Previous Week)
IndusInd Bank A 265.80 285.15 + 7.28
TVS Motor Co.
A 77.70 83.15 + 7.01
Sun Pharma. A 2,218.35 447.60 -79.82
D B Realty Ltd. A 359.60 211.75 -41.12