Your god is too small (TiS version)Presentation Transcript
1. how you answer questions of suffering?2. how you deal with hardship?3. how you hold to your faith?4. how you decide on the big things?5. how you decide on the small things?6. how you respond to feelings of worry?7. how you view the Bible?8. how you prioritize your time?9. how you spend your money?10. how you care for others?11. how you derive a sense of joy?12. how you understand your identity?13. how you learn about your purpose in life?
14. how you enter the church on Sunday?15. how you live the other 6 days of the week?16. how effective your unspoken witness is?17. how passionate your spoken witness is?18. how you attain peace?19. how you become fulfilled?20. how you perceive and apply morality?21. how you place value on things?22. how you seek and understand "pleasure"?23. how you work?24. how you live?25. how you understand your purpose in life?26. why you live?
Would you want to know what it was?
Would you need to know want what it was?
• “ineffable” means “incapable of being expressed” (Lat. ineffabilis: in = “not” + effabilis = “capable of being expressed”) refers to the transcendent characteristics of God that cannot be adequately expressed in human language. Norman L. Geisler, Systematic Theology, Volume Two: God, Creation (Minneapolis, MN: Bethany House Publishers, 2003). 245.
• “Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure.” - Psalm 147:5• “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.” - Isaiah 55:8
• “To whom then will you compare me, that I should be like him? says the Holy One. Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name, by the greatness of his might, and because he is strong in power not one is missing.” - Isaiah 40:25–26
• “Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! ‘For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?’” - Romans 11:33–34• “Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it.” - Psalm 139:6
• “The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.” - Deuteronomy 29:29• “Can you find out the deep things of God? Can you find out the limit of the Almighty?” - Job 11:7
• “The earth is the LORD’s and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein,” - Psalm 24:1• “For every beast of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills. I know all the birds of the hills, and all that moves in the field is mine. “If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for the world and its fullness are mine.” - Psalm 50:10–12• “Who has measured the Spirit of the LORD, or what man shows him his counsel? Whom did he consult, and who made him understand? Who taught him the path of justice, and taught him knowledge, and showed him the way of understanding?” - Isaiah 40:13–14• “Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.” - Isaiah 40:28
• “nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything.” - Acts 17:25• “for ‘In him we live and move and have our being…’” - Acts 17:28a
Video played from:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kY9In41R1Ashai linne - "The Perfection of Beauty" ft. Blair Linne (Official Trailer)
1. how you answer questions of suffering? 14. how you enter the church on Sunday?2. how you deal with hardship? 15. how you live the other 6 days of the3. how you hold to your faith? week?4. how you decide on the big things? 16. how effective your unspoken witness is?5. how you decide on the small things? 17. how passionate your spoken witness is?6. how you respond to feelings of worry? 18. how you attain peace?7. how you view the Bible? 19. how you become fulfilled?8. how you prioritize your time? 20. how you perceive and apply morality?9. how you spend your money? 21. how you place value on things?10. how you care for others? 22. how you seek and understand "pleasure"?11. how you derive a sense of joy? 23. how you work?12. how you understand your identity? 24. how you live?13. how you learn about your purpose in 25. how you understand your purpose in life? life? 26. why you live?