2. Introduction <ul><li>The New Seven Wonders Of the World was a project that attempted to update the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World concept with modern lists of wonders . </li></ul>
3. The Seven Wonders of the World are impressive monuments regarded with awe and wonder. In the past, there were the seven wonders of the ancient world that amazed people who had the fortune to see them. Today, there are some spectacular monuments that are just as impressive as the ancient ones. The New Seven Wonders Foundation in Switzerland received around two hundred entries from across the world, and it finally short-listed twenty one finalists. In 2007, the final list of the seven modern wonders were announced in Lisbon, Portugal.
4. The new seven modern wonders of the world are comprised of: the Taj Mahal of India, The Great Wall of China, Christ the Redeemer statue of Brazil, Machu Picchu of Peru, Petra of Jordan, Colosseum of Italy, and Chichen Itza of Mexico.
5. <ul><li>is a mausoleum located in Agra, India </li></ul><ul><li>one of the most recognizable structures in the world </li></ul><ul><li>built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his third wife, Mumtaz Maha </li></ul><ul><li>one of the most beautiful buildings in the world and stands as a symbol of eternal love </li></ul>
6. The Taj Mahal seen from the banks of river Yamuna. Viewed from the east.
7. <ul><li>is a large pre-Columbian archaeological site </li></ul><ul><li>built by the Maya civilization located in the northern center of the Yucatán Peninsula, in the Yucatán state, present-day Mexico </li></ul>
8. <ul><li>i s a statue of Jesus Christ in Rio de Janeiro </li></ul><ul><li>considered the largest Art Deco statue in the world </li></ul><ul><li>was constructed between 1622 and 1931 </li></ul>
9. <ul><li>is an elliptical amphitheatre in the centre of the city of Rome, Italy </li></ul><ul><li>the largest ever built in the Roman Empire </li></ul><ul><li>one of the greatest works of Roman architecture and Roman engineering </li></ul><ul><li>built between 70 and 72 AD </li></ul>
10. <ul><li>is a series of stone and earthen fortifications in northern China </li></ul><ul><li>built originally to protect the northern borders of the Chinese Empire against intrusions by various nomadic groups </li></ul>
11. <ul><li>is situated on a mountain ridge above the Urubamba Valley in Peru </li></ul><ul><li>was built as an estate for the Inca emperor Pachacuti (1438–1472) </li></ul><ul><li>Often referred to as &quot;The Lost City of the Incas &quot; </li></ul>
12. <ul><li>is a historic and archaeological city in the Jordanian governorate of Ma'an </li></ul><ul><li>Established around the 6th century BC </li></ul><ul><li>it is a symbol of Jordan as well as its most visited tourism attraction </li></ul><ul><li>one of the most precious cultural properties of man's cultural heritage </li></ul>