• Barista lavazza is a chain of espresso
bars in India.
• Established in february 2000 under
the name Barista, it was taken over
by Lavazza in 2007.
• Barista Lavazza chain of espresso bars
delivers a truly Italian coffee
experience in warm, friendly and
• A 34.3% equitystake was sold to Tata
Coffee in 2001. C.Sivasankaran
bought the remaining 65% in Barista
• The chain has 200 stores in India, with
an estimated annual revenue of 200
• 1600 : Coffee enters to Europe
through the port of Venice
• 1654 : The first coffee house opens in
• 1750 : One of Europe's first Coffee
• 1822 : Prototype of 1st espresso
machine is created in France
• 1908 : Invention of the world's 1st
drip coffee maker
• Feb, 2000 : First Barista Lavazza at
Basant Lok, New Delhi
• Barista Lavazza has a tie-up with
Visa to allow withdrawal of cash up
to 1000 daily.
• As part of this association, Barista
Lavazza also offers 30% discounts on
customized meal deals on all Visa
debit card transactions.
• ABN AMRO and Barista Coffee
Company have jointly launched a
credit card, "ABN AMRO Barista
Credit Card", by which customers
can avail discounts at its outlets.
• Barista Lavazza has formed an
association with Mattel Toys (India)
Private Limited for the launch of the
first edition of Barista Lavazza Cafe
• Barista’s internal décor and architecture
expresses the simplicity you would
normally associate with traditional cafés.
• The furniture is made of light shades of
wood, and there are comfortable sofas in
• The walls are shades of orange, with
various photographs of the love for coffee
spread around each outlet.
• Barista looks to cater to their target
market with strategically located outlets.
• Their outlets are generally located at
High Street/ Family Entertainment Centers
Considering their generic appeal, there
are Barista outlets in and around
Malls, Cinemas, Colleges, and Offices etc.
• This endorses their brand image of a café
that appeals to coffee lovers of all ages.
• Barista Lavazza received the Times Group
and Business Standard 'Brand of the year'
award in 2002
• Most Admired Retail Leisure Chain 2011
• Times Food Guide 2008 - Best Coffee Bar
• IMAGES Retail Award 2007 - 'Most admired
retailer of the year: Catering Outlets'
• Super Brand 2006-2007
• HT Food Guide 2000... – Best Place to have
• TOPS award for Specialty Coffee Excellence
by the Specialty Coffee Association of
• Barista lavazza aims to
expand its outlets network
form the current 972
outlets to 2,000 by 2014.
• As part of the expansion
plan, the company would
have 1,100 outlets by
• The company is planning
to spend about INR 1,000
million($21.8 million) for