1. Bruce Kasanoff and Michael Hinshaw
7 Ways to Dramatically
Advance Your Career
2. They didn’t waste time updating their resumes…
3. The fastest way to advance your career is to drive
innovation, rather than fall victim to it.
Copyright 2006 Rocket Raccoon
4. 1. Eliminate
5. 2. Dramatically reduce complexity
6. 3. Cut prices 90% or more… find a cheaper and
better solution to an existing problem
iNav X iPad app vs. Garmin chartplotter. Images from iNav and Overton.
$49 $427 - $854
7. 4. Make stupid objects smart
PlantLink lets flowers text you when they need water.
8. 5. Teach your company to talk
Apple, Google and Amazon are doing this already.
9. 6. Be utterly
more open and
honest than any
10. 7. Make loyalty dramatically easier than disloyalty
11. Don’t bet your career on a company
that hasn’t changed its business
model since before cell phones were
12. For more information…
Based on this LinkedIn article:
Adapted from Smart Customers,
Stupid Companies by Michael
Hinshaw and Bruce Kasanoff. You can
download the Introduction and 1st
chapter for free here:
Thanks to Flickr members John Jack
Rice (cover) and Metro Transportation
Library and Archive (#1).