The Implementation of
Set Parts Supply (SPS) in Malaysian
Suhartini Binti Mohd Jainury
• Toyota Motor Corporation has introduced a new
concept of material handling and it is known as Set
Parts Supply (SPS). In SPS, the line-side is become
wide and clear. The concept is every operator has to
concentrate on their task. There is operator which do
the parts selection and arrange the parts at the SPS
cart (minomi method). The SPS cart is pushed to the
line-side, and then the operator at the line-side will
pick up the certain part and concentrate to assemble
READY TO SUPPLY
SPS – selection & arrange part area
• The technology is still new in Japan. There are
few research in this area and PROTON try to
implement it since 2008 in low volume
production at multi-model production with
fully automated line (Tanjong Malim plant).
But now the technology need to transfer to
Medium Vehicle Factory which also produce
multi-model but not fully automated line. Its
more compact and too many constraint.
1. To study the implementation of SPS system in
Malaysian automotive industry.
2. To find the characteristics of SPS.
3. To compare the result “before and after” the
implementation of SPS.
4. To develop SPS using simulation software.
• How the SPS system is implement in
Malaysian automotive industry?
• What is the characteristics of SPS?
• How is the SPS affect the efficiency?
• How is the adaptability of SPS in certain
1. Find the case study – SPS Door Sub RHS &
LHS RR/FR in MVF
2. Objectives – revise again
3. Literature Review – find the appropriate
journal regarding plant layout and shop floor
using ARENA simulation.
4. Writing the literature review regarding lean
5. Design the flow process in ARENA.
6. Data collection for ARENA.
7. Learning the Advance ARENA with Wan
PROJECT SPS DOOR SUB
1. Implementation of SPS for FR & RR RHS Door
2. Implementation of SPS for FR & RR LHS Door
– next week
3. Implementation AGV at Door Sub – July 2011
4. Implementation Pick & Supply System –