FASHION MARKETING &
Study on Pricing & Promotion of LEVI’S
Founded by Mr. Levis Strauss in 1853.
imported fine dry goods - clothing, bedding,
combs, purses and handkerchiefs from New
York and sold the goods to the small
In late 1870 Jacob Davis, a Reno, Nevada
tailor, started making men's work pants
with metal rivets at points of strain for
On May 20, 1873, Strauss and Davis
received United States patent #139121 for
using copper rivets to strengthen the
pockets of denim work pants.
In the 19th century most of the jeans were
sold to mainly to Sailors and men with
rigorous occupations as Jeans was a very
tough and sturdy clothing option.
The Modern Levi’s Jeans began to appear
mainly after 1920, and experiences
accelerated growth during world war 1
when it became an essential for the defense
The organization grew in thirty years to
include a sales force of more than 22,000,
with 50 plants and offices in 35 countries.
In 1950’s and 60’s jeans became a rage
amongst youth and various subcultures.
Levi’s Strauss Signature
The products and collections…
Levi’s 501 Original collection.
Red Tab etc…
A LEVI’S MEANS…
Levi’s is synonymous to Jeans.
A denim beyond age, time and fashion
ELEMENTS OF THE PROMOTIONAL MIX
Original Authentic Jeans
A sexier appeal to attract youth compete
with competitors like Calvin Klein
Go Forth : U.S.A
INDIA: Popular film stars.
Levis has opted a more localized and
Youthful approach in its offerings and
marketing. But at the same it enjoys equal
command over the elder population as well.
We can expect to see another 150 years of
History from Levi’s.
PROMOTION OF LEVI’S CURVE_ID-
• Before the main event a pre-launch can help to create
buzz around the product.
• Select 14 flagship stores located at shopping malls in
metro cities, those will have trained fit experts to
measure selected women and gift them their perfect
• Measure and present Curve id jeans to selected
female fashion bloggers.
• Make media and people aware about the launch and
Atul Kasbekar’s photoshoot.
• Prepare a video of women complaining about their
shape and fit and share it on Facebook, twitter,
YouTube and other social networking sites.
HIGH INTENSITY LAUNCH
• A big fitting hall with a ramp.
I. trained fit experts to measure customers and
give them their Curve_id
II. Customers’ ramp walk along with brand
• Contest- Create your id with Curve_id.
i. A photo-shoot with Atul Kasbekar
ii. Select three women among the shoppers
iii. They will be the next face in Curve_id bill board
• Pre event: announcing the launch, press release
• During Event: interactions, contest
• Post event: interview with the winners, press release
SUSTAINING THE BUZZ
• Launch event will be followed by ‘the Levi's Fit
Festival’ which will be organized across some of
the best malls in the top 10 cities in India.
i. Spread over 4 weeks
ii. Objective of the campaign is to get women to know
their Curve ID and also get them to try the custom fit
pair of denims.
iii. During Fit Festival organize interactive
competitions like tug of war among shoppers.
• Press conference with Mr John Anderson, President &
CEO, Levi Strauss & Co. and with curve_id’s brand
• Levi’s Jeans Museum to showcase 138 years old
LEVERAGING CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENT
• All three brand ambassadors’ Chitrangada
Singh, Ileana D’Cruz and Jacqueline Fernandez
talking to the shoppers about Curve_id at
shopping malls and events at various cities.
• Buy a jeans for her then ditch her- a lucky guy
will have a chance to go on a triple date.
• Chitrangada Singh, Ileana D’Cruz and
Jacqueline Fernandez give styling tips on shoes
and clothes that go with Curve_id.
• Release photographs and press note on success
of the event.
A NEXUS IS REQUIRED BETWEEN SOCIAL MEDIA
AND DIGITAL MEDIA TO
GENERATE MAXIMUM ATTENTION AND LIKING SO
SHARE, SHARE AND SHARE…
• Create a different page for Curve_id and add a link in from
Levi’s fan page.
• Add applications like Take the quiz – four easy steps to
find your curve-ID .
• Mall world game: For the purposes of the survey,
“social activity” advertising meant sending a virtual
gift, playing a branded level within a game, completing a
poll or quiz or entering a photo contest, among other
• Our jeans, your pictures: Organize a contest on Facebook
where women can upload their pictures and reward best
• Reminders about events and store locater application.
• Tweet on Curve_id and how its making a difference in
the life of the Indian women.
• Support competitions taking place on Facebook by
tweeting about them.
• Ask fans to tag videos, photos and tweets with
• Ask brand ambassadors to occasionally tweet about
• Tweet about events and address customers’ queries.
• Hire fashion bloggers to blog about Curve_id.
• Organize a bloggers event.
• Ask brand ambassadors to blog.
• Times of India: Market Section- Interview
with John Anderson, president and CEO,
Levi Strauss & Co to unveil Levi's Curve Id, part
of a simultaneous global launch of a new range of
jeans for women, and to mark the 15th
anniversary of the Indian operations.
• Financial Express: Brand or market-
Cottons prices are going up and Levi’s will
not compromise on the quality. Media briefing
with Levi Strauss India Marketing Director
Shumone Chatterjee where she also talks about
• Zee trendz- Show- Smart Idea- Custom made jeans for
• Ndtv- good times- The muse- take celebrity leverage.
• Femina: New trendsetter in jeans market.
• Vogue: celebrity leverage in addition to this Atul
Kasbekar’s photo shoot.
Ht times: Talk about the contest and interview with
Delhi Times: Interviews with celebrities speaking
about curve id.
It can be simply defined as: “The currency value
charged to a Client by the company for a product
Is one of the most important elements of the
marketing mix, as it is the only mix, which
generates a turnover for the organization.
The remaining 3p's are the variable cost for the
It costs to produce and design a product, it costs
to distribute a product and costs to promote it.
products are sold at listed price, which are settled
by the Levis Company (Singapore).
There is no discount to offer.
They also deal with credit sales, but they
don’t overcharges to the customers, they pay it th
emselves to the bank (3 %).
Products are only sold for cash or on credit cards
They don’t give the discount to their customers, e
ven to the employees of the Levis.
Their prices are fixed.
Payment period & credit terms
Payment Period & Credit Terms are settled by
During the determination of the price company
not considered the competitors, but the standard
that is used is considered. The price is influenced
by the following factors:-
Cost of the product
Affordable for the target market
Demand of the product Uniqueness and
innovative features of the products.
We are much proud to say with surety that our
products completely satisfy our consumers, that’s
why we don’t face much competition in our
business. But yet there are some competitors e.g.
Leeds (US Apparels)
Their prices are not influenced by the
Such a stuff, design and fashion which don’t
have the enough sales are recall back to the
Again company issues this stuff to their own
outlets for sale at discount prices.