• Scanning is a selective reading
• When you scan, you will try to locate
facts quickly and also find answers to
• To scan, you should know what
information you are searching for
even before you start to read.
• To scan quickly, you must only look
for words or information which you
How to scan?
• Fix firmly in your mind what you
are looking for
• Find headings or sub headings to
locate facts faster
• Train your eyes to move quickly
over meaningful words or phrases
Don’t worry too much about viruses.
You may never see one. There are
just a few ways to become infected.
The common sources seem to be
pirate games and putting floppies in
PCs for public use.
What is the main idea of this excerpt?