Crop cutting machine is mechanical device. It can be use
for cutting the dry cut stalks of grain break or covering of trunk
of tree. In the crop cutting machine required less human effort
and it is very reasonable for middle class farmer it is not
complicated structure and it is easily operated by unskilled
In this cutting machine have the two blades one is right
hand side and another is left hand side. This can be applicable
for the cutting of crop such as Jwar, Tuar, Soya seeds etc. It
can reduce labor cost due to the only one person can be handle.
Crop cutter machine does not required high maintenance.
COMPARISION BETWEEN CROP HARVESTER
(MACHINE) AND LABOUR (PERSON)
CROP HARVESTER COST LABOUR COST
1 . When machine working in the farm it
takes less time as compared to labour.
1 .When the labour is working in the farm it
gives more time as compared to machine.
2. Less stresses on machine. 2. More stresses on the labour in the farm.
3. There is no requirement of skilled labour
for handling the machine in the farm.
3. It required a skilled labour in the farm for
cutting the crops.
4. Machine cuts the crops in two rows at
time in the farm.
4. Labour cuts the crop in one row at time in
5. This machine saving some labour cost
because it handled by only one person.
5. In today era the labour cost is more as
compared to this machine.
6. This machine cuts the crop in 1 acre area
in 2 hour.
6. Two to three labour are cut the crops in 1
acre area in 1 day.
7.This machine cut the crops in 1 acre area in
the cost of 200Rs.
7.Labour are cut the crops in 1 acre area in
the cost of 600Rs.
HSS range from
0.65 to 0.80% carbon, .
0.10 to 0.40% manganese, .
0.20 to 0.40% silicon,
3.75 to 4.0% chromium, no more than .30% nickel,
17.25 to 18.75% tungsten, .
90 to 1.30% vanadium, no more than .25% copper, .
03% phosphorous, or .03% sulphur.
Excellent red hardness
Good wear resistance
Good shock resistance
Good non-deforming property
Poor resistance to decarburization
Power transmission is achieved by specially designed belt and
pulley. This arrangement as shown in fig. the power is
transmitted engine shaft to cutter shaft which is decrease the
speed and increase the torque. The speed transfer ratio is 2:1.
• It consists of body structure which is made up of M.S.angle bar which is in
30 inch length and 21 inch width and in 2.5 inch height.
• It consists of four wheels which is made up of wood and cover by rubber
• It consists of MK20 3Hp single cylinder four stroke kerosene engine.
• Mechanism inside body structure is simple and consists of engine shaft,
intermediate shaft and cutter shaft.
• Engine shaft which will get the power from engine with the help of pulley
and belt drive. Over this engine shaft one small driving pulley (single groove B
section) will be mounted. This pulley will transmit the power to the
intermediate shaft which is parallel to engine shaft.
• Over this intermediate shaft three aluminum pulleys are mounted one of
which is a driven pulley for engine shaft and which is fixed at near centre. And
remaining two small pulleys (A section) is fixed on this intermediate shaft .one
at right side and other at left side from the big pulley. We mounted the belt
over the pulley. And this intermediate shaft is supported in a two pedestal
bearing by means of which the cutter shaft will able to rotate inside the
• The again this two small driving pulley will transmit the power to cutter shaft
which is perpendicular to the intermediate shaft. At top end of two different
cutter shaft we fixed two aluminum pulleys (driven) and at lower end of this
shaft we fixed two cutters. One cutter shaft is supported in two pedestal
bearing and similarly another cutter shaft is supported in two pedestal bearing
by means of which the cutter shaft will able to rotate inside bearing. And these
pedestal bearing is supported on M.S. plate. And these M.S. plates fastened
with the help of nut and bolt to the front end of body structure.
• To the lower end of this shaft blade is fixed which will perform the
• This blade will be light in weight and made up of high speed steel. So as to
resist abrasion due to cutting.
• We provide handle for the pushing the harvester in the farm. And we also
provide the power switch for stop the engine which is at right corner of right
hand side of the handle.
• It consists of guiding cover for protecting the whole mechanism.
# REDUCE THE HUMAN EFFORT:-crop harvester mostly design for reduce the
human effort in which only one operator can be operate or handle the machine.
while the machine will begin there is not required more than one or two worker.
# REDUCE THE COST:- in the agriculture for cropping the jwar and tuar. it can cut
cheapest prices because it save the worker cost.
# REDUCE THE TIME:- when worker is cutting the crop they have more time for
cutting but when the use of the crop cutter harvester they increase the capacity
of the working and cutting & it can possible the maximum crop cutting within
# EASY TO HANDLE:- crop cutter machine is easy for handling we can easily start
the machine .
# UNSKILLED WORKER CAN OPERATE:- no skill person required for operating the
# SAFETY TO USE:- during the working if any problem occurs in the machine we
can easily find it.
# SIMPLE IN CONSTRUCTION:- it is construct is very simple in way we can easily
dissemble and assemble .
# LESS FUEL COST:- it is start on petrol but whole work on kerosene & kerosene is
available at chipset cost