There is a bank in my
There are two department
There isn’t a movie theater.
There aren’t any coffee shop.
Is there a library?
Are there any restaurants?
Yes, there is.
No, there isn’t.
Yes, there are.
No, there aren’t.
1. Make a sentence begin with
“Let’s go to my hometown there is/are……………”
Follow by places in your hometown.
2. Every student has to make a sentence in each
3. If you cannot make a sentence or it is the
same as student before, you will not get the
Mandy: So, Diane, do you like Atlanta?
I think it’s great! I really like
it. How about you?
Mandy: Well, I don’t know. There are
a lot of people and cars,
and there’s a lot of noise. It’s
a big city.
That’s why I like it!
Mandy: Yeah, but I prefer my
hometown. It’s small and the people
and there ‘s nothing to do the
evening. I mean, is there
a fitness center in your
Mandy: No, there isn’t. There’s a
swimming pool and there
Diane: See? There are a lot of things
you can do here.
Mandy: Yeah, I guess… Hey, wait a
minute. Who’s the guy?
Diane: The basketball player? Wow.
1. Make a group of three.
2. Teacher give students Game board and a
3. In each group, student will have 3 player.
You have to decide that who will go first,
second and the third.
4. Each student roles the decide and
answer the question that you got in each
blank in the game board.
5. Continue the game until there is a
winner in your group.
6. The first player who can go to the finish
point have to answer the special question.
7. If the player cannot answer the question
you have to go back for one step and answer
question. And the chance will be for the
8. The winner of each group has to come
front of the class and tell the special
question and answer which you got.
9. The winner of each group will get the
1. Work in pair.
2. Part A
- complete the questionnaire.
- interview your partner with the
3. Part B
- make a list of three things you like and you
don’t like about your neighborhood
- Tell you partner
4. Each pair compare and talk about advantages
and disadvantages of your neighborhood.
5. Each pair presents about your comparison and
advantages and disadvantages about your
Neighborhood comparison and advantage, disadvantage
The similar thing of our hometown.
It is located in downtown and ___________________.
The different thing of our hometown is
there is a park in my hometown but her hometown
There isn’t and ________________.