2. Community health centers (CHCs)provide primary care to more than 20million patients in more than 8,000locations nationwide.
3. CHCs now serve 1 in 7 uninsuredpeople nationally, and 1 in 5 of the lowincome uninsured. From 2000 topresent, the number of patientsreceiving treatment at health centersincreased by 62 percent.
4. CHCs provide efficient, cost-effectivecare that can reduce or eliminate theneed for more costly emergency roomvisits or avoidable hospital stays.
5. CHCs emphasize preventive care andchronic disease management forconditions like diabetes, asthma, heartand lung disease, depression, cancerand HIV/AIDS.
6. According to the National Association ofCommunity Health Centers (NACHC),communities served by a health centerexperience reduced infant mortality byas much as 40 percent, and alsoexperience reduced rates of low birthweight.
7. According to NACHC, CHCs reduceoverall healthcare costs and save theMedicaid program as much as 30percent while still delivering high qualitycare to their Medicaid patients.
8. A recent study found that federallyfunded community health centersperform equal to or better than privatepractices on a number of quality-caremeasures.
9. Want to know more aboutCHCs?• What is a CHC?• CHCs as Medical Homes• CHCs and HIV/AIDS Care• The Unique Health IT Needs of CHCs
10. Learn more!Our website hosts a wealth of freeresources, including white papers, casestudies, industry blog, newslettercovering current events in health care,tips and tricks for your practice, andother informative articles. www.successehs.com