Roll no. 38
• Harley Davidson is a American motorcycle company.
• Founded in Milwaukee ,Wisconsin during the first decade
of the 20th century.
• The company sell today only heavyweight motorcycles
with over 700cc.
• The company much importance to the tradition of heavy
customization that give rise to the chopper style of
• 1901 – William S. Harley , age 20 , built a small
engine with a displacement of 7.01 cubic
inches(116 cc). The engine was fitted in regular
pedal bicycle frame.
• 1903 – it was finished with he help of Arthur
Davidson and Walter Davidson . Harley and
Davidson brothers found it unable to climb the
hills without pedal assistance.
• Harley and Davidson brother built a new
improve and second generation machine. The
engine was bigger than previous engine with 44.7
cubic inches(405 cc).
• 1906 – Harley & Davidson brothers built their first factory
on chestnut street. This location remain Harley Davidson
corporate headquarters today.
• 1917 – the united states entered world war 1 and military
demanded motorcycle for the war. Harley Davidson
provided about 15000 machines to the military forces.
• 1920 – Harley Davids2on was the largest motorcycle
manufacturer in the world, with 28,189 machine s
• 1921 – Harley Davidson , ridden by Otto Walker, was the
first motorcycle ever to win a race at an average speed of
over 160 kmh.
Vision and Mission statement
• Vision - we fulfill dreams of personal freedom.
• Mission – customer for life… Harley Davidson values
the deep emotion connection that is created with our
customers through our products, services and
experience. We are fuels by the brand loyalty and
trust that our customers place in us to deliver
premium quality and the promise of a fulfilling
lifetime ownership experience. We exemplify
responsibility and stewardship for quality in
everything we do.
Harley Davidson VRSC
• 2001 – Harley Davidson introduced a VRSC model . The
engine was developed jointly with Porsche.
• The V-Rod is visually distinct from other Harley
Davidson motorcycle. It can be easily identify by the 60
degree V-twin engine.
• 2008 – Harley added anti-lock braking system. Harley
also increased the engine displacement from 1030 to 1250
cc(69 – 76 cu in).
• Mr. Keith E. Wandell
Chairman of the board,
Chief executive officer.
• Mr. John A.Olin
Chief financial officer.
• Mr. Lawrence G. Hund
chef operating officer of HDFS
Financial position (2012)
Currency in millions
Operation in INDIA
• 2009 – Harley Davidson announced plans to
enter the market of INDIA and started selling
motorcycles there in 2010.
• Harley Davidson India in Gurgaon near Delhi in