Essential Master Data in SAP MMPrepared BySubhrajyoti BhattacharjeePMP®, Certified SAP EAM/PM, Certified ITIL V3SAP EAM/PTP/PS Systems AnalystPerth, Australia.E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contents1. MATERIAL MASTER MAINTENANCE ............................................................................................................ 32. SERVICE MASTER MAINTENANCE ............................................................................................................. 143. VENDOR MASTER MAINTENANCE .............................................................................................................. 174. REQUEST FOR QUOTATIONS ........................................................................................................................ 295. OUTLINE AGREEMENTS - CONTRACTS .................................................................................................... 356. SOURCE LIST MAINTENANCE ...................................................................................................................... 427. PURCHASING INFO RECORD MAINTENANCE ........................................................................................ 478. PRICING CONDITION RECORD MAINTENANCE .................................................................................... 529. MESSAGE CONDITION RECORD MAINTENANCE .................................................................................. 54
1. Material Master Maintenance Transaction codes: MM01 (Create)/ MM02 (Change)/ MM03 (Display)/MM17 (Mass Maintenance)/ MM06 (Flag for deletion)/ MM60 (Material List Report) Background and some statistics: In SAP, materials are categorized as Material types for master data maintenance and for the purpose of relevant process activations. Production Planning/Sales:ROH (Production consumables),PROC (Process Material),HALB (Semifinished Products), FERT (Finished Products), PROD (Product Groups), INLV (ABC Non-valuated material), VERP (Packaging) Maintenance/Structuring: ERSA (Spare Parts), HIBE (Operating Supplies), IBAU (Maintenance Assembly), NLAG (Non stock – rarely used), HERS (Manufacturer parts) Dependencies on Material Types Depending on Material Types, the Screen View compositions and Material Number ranges will differ Criticality of material views coulddiffer: For example - A material type such as FERT which is usually meant for Sales should have sales views activated; most material types subject to External procurement will have Purchasing view available for data maintenance; Material types relevant for MRP should have MRP views activated with relevant data and so on. Organizational assignments of material would differ: For example, a cross company material code will be created at Company code level whereas, whereas Plant specific material will be created at Company code -> Plant level; Sales specific material should be in addition to Plant, assigned to a Sales area (Sales Organization + Division + Distribution Channel)
MRP Planning parameters may differ: For example: Spare parts, Operating supplies etc. are either subject to Consumption Based planning using MRP Type V1 – Manual reorder point planning with external requirement or No planning ND; Finished products kind of material usually work on MRP Type PD with Lot sizing procedure PB (Period Lot size) or EX (Exact Lot size) Transaction screenshots and some key parameters:MM01 – To create or extend Material Master Record Industry sector: There are 2 industry sectors that can be chosen – I: Mineral processing, M: MTS Product Groups. M is to be used for Material type PROD only. Industry sector is a field which in conjunction with Material Type determines Material screen views and field layouts. Material Type: To be chosen carefully. Details of relevant Material types as provided in previous section.
Views: The following are the relevant maintainable views in Materialmaster record along with their purpose:Basic data 1/ Basic data 2: Header view of a material and is generallymaintained for all material types. Important fields in this view wouldinclude Description (Mandatory), Base unit of measure (Mandatory),Material Group (Mandatory), Product Hierarchy(To be maintained forProduct sales reporting), Division (Mandatory sales relevant material),GenItemCatGroup (system defaulted as per material type)Classification view: To be maintained for material those are to be assignedto a specific material class along with characteristic value assignment.Sales: Sales Org views:To be mandatorily maintained for material thatwould be sold to customers (external or internal). Internal sales refer toStock sale between ABC entities. Key fields that need to be maintained inthe sales views include:Sales: Sales Org Data 1:Sales unit (if different from Base unit withconversion factor), Tax classification (GST relevant or Exempt), Deliveringplant(if supplied by an Internal plant)
Sales: Sales Org Data 1:Material Statistics Group (Mandatory – 1 possible value “1- ABC SIS”), Account Assignment Group (Mandatory – is critical for auto determining Sales revenue account, choose from dropdown based on Product type), General Item cat group/Item category Group (auto populated based on material type, determines Item category in line item of sales documents where the material is used) Sales: General/Plant:Availability check(01- Daily requirement/02 – Individual requirement), Transportation Group (Mandatory – essential for Transportation route determination), Loading Group (Mandatory – essential for Shipping point determination) MRP Views:The following MRP views exist with some of critical fields as underlinedMRP 1:MRP Type (Usually PD used for Product based material, V1 for Spares/supplies, and ND for material not subject to MRP), MRP Group (For grouping material with special MRP parameters different from Plant MRP parameters), Lot Sizing (PB – Period Lot size, EX – Exact Lot size), MRP Controller (as relevant), Reorder point (to be manually set for MRP Type “V1”)MRP 2:Procurement Type (Usually F – External procurement), Special procurement type (10 – Consignment, 30 – Subcontracting, 40 – procurement from alternate plant), Scheduling Margin Key (determines Float periods during MRP run such as Planned order -> Preq conversion float etc), Planned delivery time (For external procurement), GR processing time,Stock Determination Group (single group 0000 configured), Safety Stock(if relevant) MRP 3:Period indicator (M – Monthly planning, relevant for Forecast based MRP which is not used here), Strategy Group (used for Planning strategy identification of Planned independent requirements, not much relevant in ABC process perspective with no PP), Planning material/Conversion factors between material (Not relevant as planning is done on the material directly and not on alternate material) MRP 4:BOM explosion of dependant Requirement – Selection method,Individual/Collective (not in use in ABC) – used mostly when SAP
Production planning with Routings-BOM-Production versions used for detailed production planning – not done within SAP system SAP at ABC. Purchasing: This view is critical and must be maintained for all material subject to purchasing (external or internal). Some of the important fields include: Order unit (if different from Base unit, corresponding conversion factors may have to be maintained), Purchasing Group (identifies the group within purchasing team responsible for procurement), Purchasing value key (controls reminder deadlines, Delivery tolerance limits, shipping instructions), Tax indicator for material (subject to tax or Tax exempt), Automatic PO check box (if checked it will lead to automatic creation of PO during PR -> PO conversion, dependency – in vendor master of vendor automatic PO should have been ticked)Work Scheduling:This view is to be maintained for materials relevant to Production planning, which is not within ABC SAP scope. In this view, some of the critical fields that can be maintained are Batch Management (if material subject to Batch management), Inspection stock (if material is to be posted to Quality Inspection stock during GR), Critical part indicator (this indicator is used for marking critical parts to be taken into account during Physical inventory sampling as well as in Reporting), Serial No profile (for activating serial nos. and corresponding business movements allowed for material – serial no.)Plant data/stor1:Important Fields under this view includeUnit of issue (if different from Base unit, conversion factors may have to be maintained), Storage Bin (Fixed storage bins – 10 char, not dynamic WM storage bins), Cycle counting (CC) indicator (for parts to be used for ABC cycle counting, leading to auto Physical Inventory document generation based on CC parameter settings), Batch Management checkbox (if Batch management is to be activated), Shelf Life data fields (Not relevant in ABC process perspective) Plant data/stor2:Important fields under this view include Negative stock in Plants (In ABC Sales process perspective, issue to Sales order of Finished goods are from Negative stock, hence in FERT materials particularly, this would be ticked), Ser. No profile (not in use at ABC in general), Stock determination group (for MRP material, stock determination group 0000 set up)
Accounting 1:This is a critical view for all valuated materials which are valuated in books of accounts. Important fields include Valuation class (critical in automatic determination of stock account based on material movement posting keys, specific for material types, ex. FERT usually valuated to Finished Products valuation class), Price control (Defaulted as per material type setting; S- Standard price control with variations posted to Price difference - PRD account or V – Moving average price with price variations directly posted to stock account), Standard/Moving average price (as relevant) Accounting 2:Fields pertaining to Determination of Lowest Value – Tax price 1/2/3 (prices at which material is valuated for Tax), Commercial price 1/2/3 (price at which material is valuated for commercial purpose), Devaluation indicator(identifies number of years a material has been identified as a Slow moving/non-moving, in Lowest value identification process, materials are devaluated on a configured % basis for each +1 count of being identified as slow/non-moving) – May not be currently within ABC PTP scopeCosting 1: This view is particularly relevant for Finished/Semifinished products. Costing using Material Origin has been found to be used with Material costs being updated against primary cost elements in Controlling module. Relevant Origin Group(for subdividing material and overhead costs) as configured are set.
Costing 2: Contains details of Previous, Current and Future cost estimates.MM02/MM03 – To change/display material master records Changes can be made to fields of all/selected views and of data specific to Organizational level (For example- changing plant specific data views of
the material against a certain plant while leaving the plant specific data of material in another plant unaltered). In Display transaction, no changes can be made.MM17 – To change/display material master recordsThis transaction is used for making mass changes to a material or a set ofmaterial. Changes can be made to a single field of a specific view or multiplefields of multiple views.In the first screen select the Table group in which field (s) are to be massmaintained and execute.
Then enter specific selection criteria for material to be changed such asMaterial No/ Plant/ Sales Org etc. as relevant to choose the material wherechanges are to be done. Select the field to be changed from field catalog. Make relevant changes and save.
MM06 – Flagging Material for deletion In this transaction users can specifically select if the Material is to be flagged for deletion at Client level (across all organization levels) or at specific Organizational level – say Plant/Storage Location/Sales Org/Distribution channel etc.
MM60 – Material List Report It is a List report on Materials in the system. Users need to enter the selection criteria in the selection screen and execute the report to get the list of selected Material and their details.
2. Service Master Maintenance Transaction codes:AC03 (Service Master – Central Maintenance), AC06 (Service List) Background and some statistics Services are critical in ABC’s business process perspective as a wide range of services are procured across the various business units in the company. Services are categorized using Service categories and given below are the relevant service categories available in ABC SAP Production system, along with no. of activities defined – data taken from SAP table ASMD. ALL – ABC Services - 1,356 Service activities EQPT – Equipments – 95 Service activities LAB – Labour – 541 Service activities MAT – Material – 13 Service activities SERV – Miscellaneous Services – 84 Service activities TASK – Specified Tasks - None AC03 (Service Master – Central Maintenance) This is a central transaction for creation of New service activities, changing/displaying existing service activities. By default, the transaction opens up in Display mode.
Data in a Service Master is grouped under Header Data, Basic Data, StandardService Cat., Time Management, Purchasing Data, Internal Work, and LongTextHeader Data: Header data in a Service activity would include Description ofActivity (short text), Service Category, Base Unit of Measure, Short Textchange allowed (to be ticked if future changes in short text is to be allowed),Deletion indicator (to mark activity as deleted0Basic Data: The key fields under Basic Data includeMat/Srv. Group(critical tomaintain correctly for reporting and Account determination), ValuationClass(Mandatory – to be very carefully maintained as a set of valuation classesare defined in MM – valuation for every nature of service – valuation classleads to G/L account determination for services during creation of Service PO),Tax Indicator (Optional – can be maintained, defines Liable to Tax, exempt,non deductable etc. which would flow over to PO -> IR for the activity),Formula (not seen to be used much here, usually used to associate serviceactivity quantity calculation to a formula, for example, Digging of a pit ->volume of pit dug could be the measure using Volume formula)Standard Service Cat: Fields relevant if the service is to be used as a part of astandard service catalog, which are in general not being used here.
The other tabs like Internal Work/Time Management not relevant in ABCprocess perspective. Purchasing tab can be used to maintain PurchasingStatusfield (can denote if service item is Obsolete, Hazardous etc.). Longtexttab is used to maintain Long texts.AC06 (Service List)It is a report on Service activities in the system. Users need to enter theselection criteria in the selection screen and execute the report to get the listof selected service activities and their details.
3. Vendor Master Maintenance Transaction codes: XK01 (Create – central maintenance)/XK02 (Change– central)/XK03 (Display– central)/ XK05 (Block or Unblock)/ XK06 (Flag for deletion)/ XK99 (Mass Maintenance) Background and some statistics Vendors are usually managed centrally by the Accounts Payable team in close collaboration with Contracting and Purchasing team. Vendors can be external vendors or internal plants supplying stock. They can be further classified into Long term vendors or one time vendors. Vendors usually supply Goods – including Products, Stock and Non stock/consumable items, Consignments; Services–Freight & Logistics, Consulting, Contract Labour/Manpower. Vendors are categorized using Account Groups in SAP which also determines the screen/field layouts of vendor master record, Partner functions and number ranges for internally numbered vendors. As per LFA1 table in SAP, there are around 9,495 vendors in the ABC Production system of which: Account Group 0001 – Vendor - 6,879 Account Group 0004 – Invoice presented by – 1 Account Group 0005 – Forwarding agents – 1 Account Group 0006 – Ordering address – 250 Account Group CPDL – One time vendor – 5 Account Group MNFR – Manufacturer - 2,230 XK01 – Vendor creation (Central) In initial screen, select the appropriate values of Company code, Purchase organization, Account Group
Vendor master has 3 main Groups of data – General, Accounting, Purchasingdata which are further sub-grouped and can be accessed through page scrolldown or Next/Previous page keys:General Data: Address data including Name, Postal Address, Communicationmethods (Fax/E-mail address etc),
Control Data:Screen further sub divided into relevant sections for AccountControl(Can set if vendor is also a Customer/Trading Partner), Tax information(most fields are relevant for vendors of European/South Americancountries);Reference data(only certain fields as Industry, Proof of Deliveryrelevant – mostly unchecked, ServiceAgentProcGroup (for shipment costcalculation) may be relevant); Person Subject to withholding tax(if relevant)Payment Transaction details:Bank Account details, Alternative Payee (if payer isa separate vendor account)
Contact Person Details:Details of contact person from vendor side.Accounting Information:Reconciliation Account (Mandatory- G/L accountgrouping vendors in Accounts payable), Cash Management Group(Mandatory -Grouping vendors for planning based on business relationship etc.) are relevantfields filled for ABC vendors.
Payment Transactions - Accounting:Most important fields include Paymentterms (as configured in system, usually used to control when to pay andDiscounts if any if paid within a certain defined number of days – Paymentterms defined at ABC also segregate case to case invoices, ERS payments,Payroll payment etc.), Check double invoice (if checked system will checkduring invoice processing if the invoice is a duplicate invoice based on certainparameters such as invoiced amount, reference document no. etc.) , Paymentmethods (allowed payment methods for vendor such as BPAY, Cash, Cheque,Transfer, Payroll EFT etc.)
Correspondence Accounting:Fields grouped under Dunning data (to bemaintained if Dunning/reminders for payments are to be set,Correspondence(correspondence details such as Name of Accounting clerk,Telephone No of accounting clerk, Fax No of Accounting clerk,E-mail ofAccounting clerk)Purchasing Data:Fields grouped into Conditions(Order Currency, Vendorpayment terms, Incoterms– Internationally accepted terms defining ownershipof Carriage/Insurance/Freight costs, Schema Group – vendor (for vendorspecific pricing procedure in Purchasing documents);Sales Data;ControlData(Parameters that can be set under Control data include whether vendor issubject to GR-Based IR, Automatic PO – during PR -> PO conversion,ERSsettlement indicator – periodic settlement based on Invoice Plan or ERS,Acknowledgement required – on vendor receiving a PO, Service Based IR –Invoicing based on Service entries and acceptance, Return vendor - if returnsare sent to vendor, ABC Indicator - for vendor grouping as per importance);Default Material Data (Purchasing Group for vendor, Planned Deliverytime,Rounding profile (for rounding deliverable quantity as per rounding rule)
Partner Functions:Basic partner functions activated as configured per AccountGroup of vendor – the most essential ones being OA – Ordering address, VN –Vendor, PI – Invoice presented by
XK02 – Vendor changeIn the initial screen the views are first selected in which the changes are to bedone. If all data is to be changed all views are selected, changes done andvendor master saved. XK03 – Vendor displayIn the initial screen the views that are to be displayed are first selectedfor displayand then proceed to display the data.
XK05 – Block or Unblock VendorVendors can be Blocked or Unblocked at Company code (all/selected ones)and/or Purchasing Organization (all/selected ones) or for Quality reasons orCompletely Blocked. Vendors can be blocked for Posting (accounts relatedpostings at a company code level) or for Purchasing (creation of Purchasingdocuments)In initial screen enter Vendor No, Company Code (if to be blocked on a particularCompany code), Purchasing organization(if to be blocked on a particularPurchasing Organization) Enter more specific details like Block on specific Company code or all, Block on all Purchasing Org. Quality Block reasons (if applicable) in the main screen and save
XK06 – Flag for DeletionIn the initial screen, Vendor, Company code, Purchase organization is at firstchosen.Then users need to choose if all data or specific area data such as Purchasingand/or accounting data is to be deleted. By selecting Company code specificdeletion or purchasing organization specific deletion, vendor is marked fordeletion in only those selected areas.
Deletion blocks can also be set for General data and/or Company code specificdata. XK99 – Vendor Mass MaintenanceThe views which are to be maintained are first selected, and transaction executed
Enter the selection criteria for selection of the vendors for mass maintenanceFurther selection fields can be chosen for selection value entry (if required) Select the fields that are to be changed Perform changes as relevant and save data. All vendors with new data will be updated.
4. Request For QuotationsTransaction codes: ME41 (Create), ME42 (Change), ME43 (Display), ME44 (Maintain supplement), ME4L/ME4M/ME4S/ME4B/ME4C/MELB – List Reports Background and some statistics: RFQ’s are requests for quotations for Goods or service requirement from potential vendors. Post creation, RFQ’s are sent out as SAP messages to identified vendors. Relevant message settings are done in system which is documented later as Message Condition records. RFQ’s can be created directly or with reference to a Purchase requisition if the Purchase requisition is the original documented point of requirement identification. Till date there are 27,728 RFQ’s in the SAP Production system.
ME41 (Create RFQ) In Initial screen, some important entries include document type “AN”, RFQ Creation Date, Quotation Deadline Date, Purchasing Organization. Purchasing Group, Item category (Standard item or Service), Delivery Date, Plant, Storage Location, Material Group, and Requirement Tracking No. For RFQ’s created with reference to a Purchase Requisition, most of data as above comes from Purchase requisition details. In the Header Data section of the RFQ, details for fields such as Validity start, Validity end, Collective No(for grouping multiple RFQ’s), Target value, Quotation Deadline etc. are entered
Item detailsincluding Item category, Material No/Textual description, Quantity,Unit of supply, Delivery Date, Material Group, Plant, Storage Locationare enteredin the Item screenDelivery schedulecan be assigned if Goods/services are expected to be deliveredin partial quantities spread over the validity period by certain dates
Vendor addresses(including communication details such as E-mail, Fax No.depending on SAP output message type set for “AN”, mostly observed as Faxoutput) are to be maintained for Vendors to whom the RFQ would be dispatched.If vendors are already created within the SAP system, entering the Vendor No.would pull up all the details.
ME42 (Change RFQ) Enter the RFQ No, make necessary changes if required and save. ME43 (Display RFQ) Enter RFQ No in initial screen of transaction, and execute to display RFQ detailsME44 (Maintain Supplement)Enter RFQ No in initial screen of transaction, and execute
5. Outline Agreements - Contracts Transaction codes: ME31K (Create), ME32K (Change), ME33K (Display), ME9K (Transmit to vendor)/ ZM01 – ZM15: Customized transactions for ABC Contracts Background and some statisticsIn SAP, Outline Agreements can be of 2 types – Contracts or SchedulingAgreements. Contracts can further be classified into Value Contracts (WK Type)or Quantity contracts (MK type).Outline agreements are legally binding agreements with Vendors for delivery ofGoods or services within a span of time called the Validity period of theagreement. In case of Contracts, deliveries of Goods/services can be done at anypoint of time within the validity period, whereas, in case of Schedulingagreements, a mutually agreed delivery schedule covering the validity perioddrives when and how much of the Goods/Services will be delivered.As observed, Value Contracts are primarily being setup in ABC SAP system. It isto be noted that a complete Quotation evaluation -> Contract finalization cycletakes place in a separate Contract Management System, which is outsideSAP and not within the scope of this document. Final contracts are uploaded intoSAP for execution. In this document, only manual creation of contracts in SAPhas been documented. Automated upload (if any) has not been detailed.Currently there are 475 Value Contracts and 5 Quantity Contracts in SAPProduction system as per EKKO table. There are no scheduling agreementscurrently in Production system and hence it will not be elaborated further. ME31K (Create Contracts)Contracts can be created directly or with reference to an RFQ or Purchaserequisition. In this section, direct creation method has been detailed.In the initial screen, select the Vendor, Agreement type, Agreement Date,Purchasing Organization, Purchasing Group, Item category (“ “ for Standard, Kfor Consignment items, D for Service), Account Assignment category (F-
Order, K – Cost Centre, P – Project, U – Unknown, Z – Balance sheet), Plant,Storage Location, Material Group, as relevant.Header Details are entered including Validity Start/End, Payment terms,Incoterms, Target value, Supplying vendor (if different from contracting vendor),Invoicing party (if different from contracting vendor) and other details asrelevant
Header Conditions (if any) are entered. Header conditions are binding for theentire Contract and would usually be applied on Gross value or Net value ofcontract. It can be a form of Discount, as being offered by vendor within thevalidity period of contract or it can be a Surchargeapplicable, as per conditiontype selected. These conditions are usually Time/Period based conditions. Item details including Material No. /Short Text, Target Quantity, Order Unit, Net price, etc. as relevant
Detailed Item conditions can also be maintained which could include Freight,Item level Discounts or Surcharges, Customs duty etc. as relevant at itemlevel.In Item – Details section, further details including Reminder/Expedite dates,Info record update (auto update at Plant level or no update etc), Underdelivery/Over delivery Tolerances, Default Tax code, Receiving stock type(Unrestricted/Quality inspection/Blocked), GR/IR Control parameters (GR/Nonval. GR/IR/GR Based IV) can be set, which would regulate the further processof PR-> PO -> GR -> IR based on the contract.
In Item – Additional Data section, details such as Planned Delivery Time, GR Processing Time, Incoterms, Weight/Volume fields for order unit etc. can be maintainedIf the Contract Item category is “D – Services”, Service details can also beentered in a Service section by clicking on Services icon. ME32K (Change Contracts)Enter Agreement (Contract) No. and press enter to proceed to make changes
ME33K (Display Contracts)Enter Agreement (Contract) No. and press enter to display the recordZM01 – ZM15: Customized transactions for ABC Contracts
Given below is the List of Z – Transactions forABC Contracts. Brief details, asquoted in Z- Program’s information section are quoted as complete details onthese custom transactions are currently not available.ZM01 – Download Contracts – Download details of materials in a contract toallow vendors to quote on items. The upload program will then be used to putdata into the system.ZM02 – Upload Contracts –To Upload details of materials in a contract toallow vendors to quote on items.ZM04 – Price Determination for Contracts -This report changes the net price of the contract EKPO-NETPRwith the value calculated from the actual price condition of thecontract position.ZM05 – Contract Header Report –No purpose maintained in Programinformation sectionZM08 – Contract Document – ERS/GR-IV change – To change ERS/GR-IVcheckbox parameters as set within GR-IR control section in contract. Programcalls ME32K transaction to update ERS/GR-IV parameter values.
ZM09 – PTP: Info-record – ERS/GR-IV/Planned Del Time Change – Calls ME12 (Purchasing Info record Change transaction to update the ERS/GR-IV checkboxes, Planned Del Time set. ZM13 – Vendor Classification Report Contracts –No purpose maintained in Program information section – Possibly generates an output report with detaiols from Vendor classification data on Contracts ZM14 – Vendor Classification Report – Insurances – No purpose maintained in Program information section – Possibly generates an output report with details from Vendor Classification data on Insurance details ZM15 – Vendor Classification Report – Bank guarantees – No purpose maintained in Program information section – Possibly generates an output report with details from Vendor Classification data on Bank Guarantee related field details6. Source List Maintenance Transaction codes: ME01 (Create), ME03 (Display Source List), ME04 (Changes to Source List), ME05 (Auto Generate Source List), ME06 (Analyse Source List), ME07 (Delete Source List), ME0M (List Display – By material) Background and some statistics Source List is a record of possible sources of supply for a particular Material of a specific Plant. Source Lists are usually points of Source determination during the creation of Purchase requisition during MRP run (if marked as MRP relevant), or during PR -> PO source assignment. Items in agreements which are Account assigned (to Cost Centre, Projects etc.) cannot be set as MRP relevant. Items with individual requirements can be MRP relevant. If there are outline agreements (ex. Contracts) for a particular Material in a Plant within a certain validity period, we can generate source list records with association to the existing Agreement for the relevant validity period.
With reference to EORD (Purchasing Source List) table in SAP, currently thereare 32,398 Source List records (Not relevant to MRP) and 15,397 MRP relevantSource List records in the Production system.ME01 (Create Source List)In initial screen, Material Number and Plant is entered In the entry screen either Source List record can be manually entered with details of Valid From, Valid To, Vendor, Purchasing Org, Order Unit, Agreement No, Item No (of agreement), Fixed Vendor, MRP relevance, Manufacturer Part No. (if any) Alternatively by clicking on Generate records icon system can be asked to generate auto record lines if there are existing outline agreements. While doing so, the Validity period is to be specified and it is to be specified whether system will delete/retain/invalidate existing records if any within the validity period.
New record line(s) would be generated. Retain the appropriate line and save the Source List.ME03 (Display Source List) Enter Material No and Plant in the initial screen and press enter to display source list pertaining to a Material for a plant
ME05 (Auto Generate Source List)This transaction is specifically for auto generation of Source List using aselection List format. Using this transaction Source List can be generated for eor multiple materials in a single or multiple plants. The selection parametersand execution process is similar to the auto Generation functionality detailed inME01 Create Source List in a section above.Selection variant as set in initial screen can also be used.
ME07 (Delete Source List)Using this transaction Source List/Source Lists for Material/Materials upto acertain validity period can be deleted.It should be initially run on a Test run mode and then run with Changedocument generation activated.ME0M (List Display – By material)In initial screen enter Material No (s) and/or Plant ID and execute
7. Purchasing Info record Maintenance Transaction codes: ME11 (Create PIR), ME12 (Change PIR), ME13 (Display PIR), ME15 (Flag PIR for deletion) Background and some statistics Purchasing Info recordsare source of information for the procurement of a certain material from a certain vendor. Purchasing Info records can be created for either a Standard item, Subcontracting item, Pipeline or Consignment item. These are referred to as Info category of PIR.Analysis of EINA and EINE table has revealed that, currently there are 36,123 Purchasing Info records with 45,318 Purchasing data records in SAP Production system. Most of the Purchasing Info records in Production are set against Standard items with very few Consignment and Subcontracting Purchasing Info records.
ME11 (Create PIR) In initial screen Vendor, Material ID, Purchasing Org, Plant and Info category selection (Standard item or Consignment etc.) needs to be entered. Data is maintained under General Data, Purchasing Data, Conditions, Texts tabs General Data tab would include further subsections like Vendor Data, Origin Data, Supply Options, Purchase Order Unit of Measure. Some key fields maintained under above sub sections include 1/2/2 Reminder/Expediters, Salesperson, Telephone, Order Unit, Conversion factor (if any), Country of origin, Region, Available from, Available to, Fixed vendor etc. Purchasing Org Data1 tab would include further subsections Control data (with some main fields being Planned Delivery Time, Purchasing Grp., Standard Qty, Overdelivery Tolerance, Underdelivery Tolerance),Conditions section
Conditions tab (for setting condition types like Base Price, Freight,Discounts/Surcharges, Customs duty – if any etc. as applicable)Texts section with 2 Text types – Info record Notes and Purchase Order Text(will automatically flow to Purchase Order created with source assignmentfrom Material Info record)
ME12 (Change PIR)In initial screen enter Vendor, Material, Purchasing Org, Plant, Info record No(if known), Info category and press enterMake relevant changes and save the Purchasing Info record.ME13 (Change PIR)In initial screen enter Vendor, Material, Purchasing Org, Plant, Info record No(if known), Info category and press enter to display details
ME15 (Flag PIR for deletion)In initial screen enter Vendor, Material, Purchasing Org, Plant, Info record No(if known), Info category and press enter to display detailsSelect whether the Complete Info record and/or Purchasing Org. data is to bemarked for deletion and save the record.
8. Pricing Condition Record Maintenance Transaction codes:MEK1/MEK2/MEK3 (Create/Change/Display) Background and some statistics Pricing Condition Records are usually created against pricing conditions such as Discounts, Surcharges, Taxes etc. and are driven on the Access sequence pertaining to the Condition type. Pricing conditions are critical components of Pricing Procedures. Maintaining Condition records ensures that driven on the Pricing procedure of a Purchase Order, condition types get selected and based on Access sequence condition value match-ups with relevant field values at Purchase Order level, condition record values are picked up from condition tables. Conditions can be standard conditions or Custom defined conditions in MM configuration. Access sequence against Condition types are defined in MM configuration and are referred to as Key Combination in Condition Records transactions.
MEK1/MEK2/MEK3 (Create/Change/Display Condition Records)Enter relevant details as driven by access sequence and save
9. MessageCondition Record Maintenance Transaction codes:MN01/MN02/MN03 (Create/Change/Display for RFQ), MN04/MN05/MN06 (Create/Change/Display for Purchase Order), MN07/MN08/MN09 (Create/Change/Display for Outline Agreement), MN13/MN14/MN15 (Create/Change/Display for Service Entry Sheet) Background and some statistics Condition records for messages are maintained. Maintenance of message conditions (like other condition types) is based on a defined access sequence. Access sequence is the set of rule or sequence in which SAP searches condition records of a certain condition type from condition tables. Currently message conditions pertaining to RFQ, Purchase Order, Outline Agreements have been found to be defined in Production MN01/MN02/MN03 (Create/Change/Display Message cond. for RFQ) Select Output type and Key combination or Access sequence
Enter relevant details as driven by access sequence and saveFor Change and Display of Message condition, the process is similar just the Transaction codes differAlso, same process is followed using relevant transaction codes for other Output types like Purchase Order, Outline Agreements.