1. 1. The Easy DMS application Files are freely downloadable for SAP Customers from Service Marketplace. We have got the application files downloaded by BASIS support and have kept it in a shared Folder from where IS&T Engineer can have the application installed to user machines.We are on ECC 6.0, EHP 5, with a SQL Database and Windows 7 Operating system. The .exe files in thefollowing EDMS application files needed to be sequentially installed on our machines - EasyDMS71SP04_0-20006126 - EasyDMS71SP04P_3-20006126 Also as a prerequisite all DMS related Backend configurations should have been done in SAP.2. Once downloaded, the Easy DMS .exe file is to be installed on your machine post which you will see an SAP Easy DMS icon on your Desktop.3. On double clicking to the icon, for first time, it will ask you to Link to the appropriate SAP system (say SAP SAN/TST/PRD) etc. You can in fact save all Login details and password for easily logging in the next time. However, SAP recommends not saving password for security reasons.
2. 4. It opens up a navigable Windows explorer kind of environmentAt the top task bar you will have following icons for easy navigation: Login/Logoff, Create,Edit File, Check in, Search etc
3. 1. Search SAP DMS Document Info records and either simply view the Original Application files or actually have a look at SAP Document in the click of a button There would be a Search folder specifically..You just have to click on search iconand it will give you a Full search selection poup (tied to SAPbackend) asking you which Document type you want to Search – say WJP (Work Job procedure), TSP(Technical specification etc.). You can enter other selection details as well (if known)On executing the Search, it will list out all the Documents in the Backend SAP system, in a Folderlayout. It will also give you all other details like Document status, SAP Doc No, Version etc.
4. You can have your documents arranged in the Layout say as per SAP Document Info record No. Say inSAP, there is a Document Info record with 3 Original application files tagged into it. It will show 3entries in above Layout giving details of all 3 Originals as also giving SAP Document Info record No,Part, Version No., Document type User etc.So you can imagine that above folder layout is just like an SAP ALV Report with much more featuresembedded in it.You can select any document and choose to do the following by right clicking on the same. Thisdocument only highlights a few of the features that you can do of the Screenshot list below.
5. Say if I click on Display with SAP GUI, it will open SAP’s Full version of the document
6. Alternatively, if you simply double click on the Document as displayed in Folder layout, itwill open up just the Original Application File - Create Folders - Public & Private, Create Document Info records, Create New versions of Existing Documents You can create specific Folders in EDMS for storing specific type of documents, say TST stored in one folder, WJP in another and so on. Under a shared Document Folder you can create the Documents accessible to all (those having authorization to the same) – mostly as in our case Note how easy it is to create an SAP Document, Link it to SAP Objects Attach files to it, Check-in documents without even Logging in to SAP Click on Create -> Create Document
7. It would give you a Pop-up (based on SAP Back end configuration), to choose fieldvalues to create your document – like Description, Document type (TSP, WJP etc),Status, User Name, Authorizations, Object Links, Originals etc. You can assign asmany Object Links (Functional Location/Equipments), assign and check in as manyOriginal Application files you like.
8. System will prompt you to enter a Storage category where you want to Check in the Originals – in ourcase DEFAULT is to be selected Just click OK and your document is created in SAP synchronously in Backend and also becomes visible to you in the Easy DMS Folder structure
9. - Create Documents in SAP through Easy DMS using Drag & Drop method If you drag an Original Application file from any Folder (in your desktop/Network drives/TRIM in our case) to the SAP EDMS Word area, it will propose to create an SAP Document Info record for the same. Watch screenshot below:
10. System will ask for a Work Station application for the file (like GIF etc), will ask where toCheck in this document (DEFAULT as in our case)System will fill up all details from Document itself, create a check in for the Original File, askyou for further details if you want to put in like Object Links, more document attachments tocheck in etc.
11. Make changes as relevant and Click OK to save. - Create New versions of Existing DocumentsThe process is similar to creating new documents. You just have to select Create NewVersion
12. System will automatically create a new version of the document copying the Old version.You then would need to Right click on the same -> Change with SAP GUI.It will take you right into the SAP Document info record to make modifications as required.