1. Why do you think that Type 2 diabetes is most prevalent in races such as African American, Hispanic/ Latino, American Indian, and Asian American?
2. If scientists are now able to identify 11 genetic variations that are linked to Type 2 diabetes, how do you think this will affect possible treatments in the future for diabetes and disease in general?
3. Do you believe that with enough research and testing with ELAs that these nervous system disorders can ever be treated or cured?
4. Do you find any moral/ ethical issues in testing human’s DNA for genes about a disease that may be to no avail or possibly help cure that disease?
5. If you think that ELAs are helpful to possibly find cures for diseases, do you believe that one’s DNA should be subject to governmental use and/ or experimentation to locate genes associated with diseases?
Michigan Technological University. "Eleven Genetic Variations Linked To Type 2 Diabetes." ScienceDaily 19 October 2009. 19 October 2009 <http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/10/091006121115.htm>.