Kansas City Chiefs to watch for Weekly Fantasy Football
The Chiefs went an
abysmal 4-12 in 2009.
The offense was atrocious,
coming in at the No. 25
spot in the NFL with 303.2
yards per game.
However, the defense was
even worse than the
offense, ranking 30th in
the NFL with 388.2 yards
Key Draft Picks for weekly
fantasy football leagues:
• Eric Berry: The Chiefs picked up what may be college football's
best safety in Berry. Out of Tennessee, Berry collected 241 tackles,
2 FF, and 14 INTs in his career as a Volunteer. He's an excellent
addition to the Chiefs' shoddy defense.
• Javier Arenas: Kansas City continues to address their defensive
issues with Arenas from Alabama. As a CB with the Crimson Tide,
Arenas had 148 tackles and 6 INTs in his career.
• Dexter McCluster: Kansas City chose to ignore the obvious need
for offensive linemen, but they made for it with the McCluster pick.
Out of Mississippi, McCluster has excellent speed in the open field
and will excel as either a runner or a receiver.
• Jon Asamoah: While the Chiefs didn't address all their needs
along the offensive line, they did get an excellent OG in Asamoah
from Illinois. Asamoah is an solid interior player, and will push for
immediate playing time.
Key Free Agents for weekly fantasy football leagues:
• Thomas Jones: Released by the New York Jets in 2010, the Chiefs
picked up the productive RB. Jones is an excellent rushing attack,
and will provide valuable offensive life to Kansas City. In 2009,
Jones had 331 carries with 1,402 yards, and 14 TDs.
• Ryan Lilja: While Kansas City didn't address too many of their
offensive line needs, they picked up an experienced G in Lilja.
Lilja's seven years of experience will prove beneficial for the Cheifs'
The NFL season is fast approaching. Are you ready to join in on the
action? Get over to www.fantasyfactor.com the home of the weekly
fantasy football league.