1. • Niagara Falls is located on the border
of Ontario, Canada, and New York.
2. • Niagara Falls is made up of three different
waterfalls, the Horseshoe Falls, Bridal Veil
Falls, and American Falls. Horseshoe Falls is the
biggest, and Bridal Veil Falls is the smallest.
3. • Niagara Falls was created by glacier activity
about 10,000 years ago. Scientists believe
Niagara Falls will be gone in around 50,000
4. • Niagara Falls is a source of hydropower,
producing large amounts of electricity.
5. • Niagara Falls is visited by around 30 million
people every year.
6. • The flow over the American Falls was stopped
completely for several months in 1969. The
idea was to determine if they would be able
to move the rocks at the bottom of the falls.
In the end the cost was to much.
7. • Scientists have discovered that Niagara Falls have
moved seven miles in the past 12,500 years.
8. • Niagara Falls got it’s name from the Iroquois
word “Onguiaahra” which means “thundering
noise of water”.
9. • Niagara Falls is the second largest waterfall in
the world. 3,160 tons of water flows over
niagara falls every second.