Version control security can be applied at any level of scope within a team project (project, branch, folder, file).
What these companies need are solutions for delivering modern applications. For modern application development there is Visual Studio 2012. Visual Studio 2012 is the development solution for teams and individuals to handle the challenges of modern development. It is a comprehensive solution for creating apps for a variety of Microsoft platforms of any scope from departmental to enterprise. In this talk you will learn more about modern app development and lifecycle and how Visual Studio helps you create applications that your users will love.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Microsoft *Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose
2. Web Service SQL Server VersionApplication backend Control ProxyCommunication via Scalable Network-near cacheHTTP(S) for versioned artifacts ManageableRuns on IIS
3. Server WorkspacesLocal Workspaces
4. Check-in Lock Check-out LockLess restrictive Prevents any changes from being made by othersA check-in lock is less restrictive than acheck-out lock. Only applies to server workspacesOther users can make local changes, but Can be applied to files with no pendingnot check in changes anywhere
5. Read Read the contents of a file or folderCheck out Check out and make a pending change to items in a folderCheck in Check in items and revise any committed changeset commentsLabel Label itemsLock Lock and unlock folders or filesRevise other users changes Edit the comments on checked-in files, even if another user checked in the fileUnlock other users changes Unlock files locked by other usersUndo other users changes Undo a pending change made by another userAdminister labels Edit or delete labels created by another userManage permissions Manage other users permissions for folders and files in version controlCheck in other users Check in changes that were made by other users. Pending changes will be committed at check-inchangesMerge For a given path can merge changes into this pathManage branch For a given path can convert any folder under that path into a branch. Can also edit properties, re-parent, and convert a branch to a folder
6. versionspec Changeset [C]n /v:C8 Label Llabel [file];LMyLabelName Date & Time Dyyyy-mm-ddTxx:xx /version:D2012-03-22 (or any format supported by .NET or on /version:D2012-03-22T09:00 local machine) Workspace (current) W Workspace (specified) Wworkspacename; WResolveRIConflicts;PeterW workspaceowner Tip T
7. tf get [itemspec] [/version:versionspec] [/all] [/overwrite] [/force] [/remap][/recursive] [/preview] [/noautoresolve] [/noprompt][/login:username,[password]]tf get *.cs /recursivetf get program.cs;8tf checkout [/lock:(none|checkin|checkout)] [/recursive] [/encoding:encoding]itemspec [/login: username,[password]]tf checkout program1.cs program2.c
11. Steve Langesr. developer technology email@example.com@stevelange | http://slange.me
12. © 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Microsoft, Windows, and other product names are or may be registered trademarks and/or trademarks in the U.S. and/or other countries.The information herein is for informational purposes only and represents the current view of Microsoft Corporation as of the date of this presentation. Because Microsoft must respond to changing market conditions, it should not be interpreted to be a commitment on thepart of Microsoft, and Microsoft cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information provided after the date of this presentation. MICROSOFT MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AS TO THE INFORMATION IN THIS PRESENTATION.
14. Visual Studio 2012 homepage DownloadsVisual Studio 2012 Product GuideVisual Studio 2012 Product ComparisonVS 2012 ALM VM and LabsVisual Studio 2012 ReadmeVisual Studio 2012 Learning Library Articles Videos
15. Using Version Control Whats New in Version Control Get Started Develop Your App Suspend Your Work Check In Your Work Isolate Risk View and Manage Past Versions Compare Folders and Files Resolve File Conflicts Work with Version Control Locks Version Control Commands
16. Converting from Visual SourceSafeSVN (by Timely Migration)ClearCaseBridging with GitSVN Bridge
17. ALM with Visual Studio and TFSCross-Platform DevelopmentExtending Team Foundation ServerTFS Integration Platform