Be the first to like this
• The challenges of tackling youth unemployment.
• The CIPD’s Learning to work programme which aims to: (a) increase employer engagement with young people at school and college in order to improve their employability and (b) make organisations/the labour market more youth friendly to build more access routes into work for young people.
• The business case for employing young people.
• Latest CIPD research and guidance on recruitment practices and young people.
• CIPD Steps ahead mentoring programme.
Ben Wilmott, CIPD, Head of Public Policy, leads the CIPD’s Public Policy team. The team works to inform and shape debate, government policy and legislation in order to enable higher performance at work and better pathways into work for those seeking employment. His particular research and policy areas of interest include: employment relations; employee engagement and wellbeing; absence and stress management; and leadership and management capability.
Ben joined the CIPD in 2003. He started his career in regional journalism and prior to joining the CIPD was news editor and employment law editor at Personnel Today magazine.