1. If you know where you are going , you will make up for what is missing
2. Founder of a free school for slum childrenRajesh and Laxmi ,write on black boards,painted on a building wall, at a free schoolrun under a metro bridge in New Delhi,India. At least 30 children living in thenearby slums have been receiving freeeducation from this school for the lastthree years.
3. A boy on his way to school rides a bicycleacross planks on an aqueduct that separatesPlempungan Village and Suro Village in centralJava, Indonesia, on Nov. 26. As rickety as itlooks, residents prefer to use the old aqueductas a shortcut. The alternative route requireswalking 3.5 miles.
4. SEE VIDEOhttp://video.msnbc.msn.com/nbcnews.com/46070191#46070191
5. They dont have a bus, or even a bridge. Filipinoelementary school students have to use aninflated tire tube to cross a river on their way toschool in a remote village in Rizal province, eastof the capital Manila. The students have to walkfor at least an hour a day to get to and fromschool, and are sometimes forced to skip classesor take shelter at relatives homes if the river isswollen due to heavy rains. The community hasbeen petitioning the local government to put up asuspension bridge in order to make the crossingeasier, faster and safer.
6. COMMENTSLanikai RonThese kids dont see this as scary or unusual.This is what they know. This is always how it hasbeen for them. In many ways, these childrenalready have a leg up on our lucky kids here athome. They know what its like to do withoutand proceed to do what they must to get toschool. They are not sitting on the bank waitingfor government to make it easy for them.
7. Troy1101Wish I could have gone tubing to schooleveryday.ASmithyI love this picture it needs to be onbillboards everywhere. people seem toforget there is always more than one way toget to the other side