Here are my slides that were part of a presentation at Podcamp Boston about "Where is video going?" We each had three minutes to present and then opened it up to questions.
My three topics were Instant Video, Archived Video and Live Video.
Twitter Video is disposable video where you create it on the fly and post a link to it on a site like twitter. Some tools you can use on the iPhone are TwitVid, 12 Seconds and the inbuilt video camera.
Inline Media Displayed in Twitter Streams
Post video on a site and embed it on a blog.
My Mom's Blog
My Mom's Cookie
I use blip.tv to host nad distribute my videos
- You can now automatically upload to YouTube when you upload a video to blip.tv
- You can designate blogs you want to automatically have your video posted on
Future (already here):
- If approved by blip.tv, you can distribute your videos via TiVo (also requires TiVo approval)
- Distribute shows to various tv platforms.
- Qik ( I'm an investor )
- Better Inbuilt Microphones
- Higher Quality Video
- Microphone Jacks
- Headphone Jacks
- Broadcast and cable news organizations broadcasting live streams from people formerly known as the audience