1. By Stephane Prud’homme May 31st 2012 © 2012 | Prud’homme
2. Stephane Prud’hommeM.A. Communication (Canada) and I.E.MBA (China)17 years of experience in marketing and public relations (traditional and online); in Canada, in Europe, and in ChinaSpecialized in business development through Social Media, ePR, eMarketing, eReputation, and eCommerce
3. Workshop OverviewThis workshop examines the fundamentals of social media, eMarketing and digital public relations wise. It covers how professionals can deal with all this new flow of information, how to canalize it, in respect of the corporate integrated communication strategy.
4. ObjectivesTo defeat social media fears and to give confidence to professionals in interacting on social media on behalf of their employerTo understand a Social Media Curator’s/Community Manager’s roleHow to define a social media strategy; How to set objectives and goalsTo generate and to maintain a bidirectional relationship and dialogue with the audienceHow to boost engagement, likes and follows
5. You cannot escape, it’s everywhere!!And if you miss the boat, your competitor will not…
6. Definition Internet and email early 1990’s Online media VS. printed eCommerce mid 1990’s Connexion between people mid 2000’s Connexion between organizations and customers Geolocation Social eCommerce early 2010’s And who knows what is coming up….
7. Definition A place where people and organizations can virtually connect, where they can share files and comments, no matter the time and the location.
8. Ultimate Goals To be everywhere To be high ranked in search engine To have people talking you or your organization To have likes, follows, and comments that will generate likes, follows, and comments To create relationship, a dialogue, with targeted audience, stakeholders, customers, and future customers
9. Internet in China 600 million internet users (= European population) 10 million new users monthly 360 million of mobile internet users and 712 million by 2015 China will be soon the biggest mobile internet market in the world 312+ billion searches on internet per year Tencent is the 3rd biggest internet company in the world
10. Smartphones in China 26 million smartphones sold during the last 3 months of 2011, means 9 million per month Biggest smartphone market in the world 2nd biggest market for smartphone app 870% increase in app use More than 1 billion mobiles, 43 million more first quarter of 2012
11. Social Networks in China Blocked international networks Chinese social networks have hundred of millions of daily users and visitors 33 % increase in social networks use (Feb. 2011) 62 % of internet user adults world wide use social networks
16. eCommerce in China 250% increase in sales since 2010 161 million online shoppers have bought for ¥513 billions in 2010 and 190 million have bought for ¥6 trillions in 2011 329 million online shoppers should buy for ¥ 18 trillions in 2015 China will become by 2015 the biggest eCommerce market in the world
18. Questions? Have I covered everything you need? Do you have questions about the basics? The differences between international and Chinese The differences between the networks Questions about eCommerce
19. Curator’s role Community Manager What a curator/Community manager does? Hootsuite
20. Curator’s role Daily tasks Posts Interactions Monitoring Daily responsibilities Engagement  all publics/audiences/stakeholders Weekly tasks Report Monitoring
21. Corporate VS. Personal Differences between corporate and personal accounts To whom belong the contacts, followers Corporate Image Personal Image The Story
22. ePR VS. eMarketing Online / Digital / Electronic eMarketing is about design, promotion, sales = numbers ePR is about strategy, content, messages = relationship
23. Business Development Through social media, ePR, and eMarketing Brand building, promotion and recruitment Intelligence & Monitoring Opportunities
24. Laws, Privacy and Copyrights Important to respect the copyrights of content and pictures that you post…
25. Social Platforms What is a social platform? Social networks Discussion / support forums Customer service Bloggers Wikis Did you know that Dulwich Beijing article has been visited 1,000 times in the last 3 months? Microblogging
27. Social Interactions Social media status updates, comments Interactions between users Interactions between users and corporations Mobile internet Social Media and Events Task Sharing Smartphone apps
28. Social Media in details Facebook Tumblr LinkedIn Wordpress Twitter Paper.li Google+ Orchestra Pinterest Ushi Youtube Freebao Foursquare
29. Social Media Strategy SM strategic plan SM objectives and goals, define the tactics Mapping out the audience Integrated plan SMO (think like your audience) Policy and Guidelines for staff
32. Engagement To have people like, follow, share, and comment To drive people to your website
33. •Write an objective•Define an audience•Which networks for your audience and objective•Select 5 key words for SMO
34. Social Presence Building a social presence on a daily basis Building a addressable bas of readers & fans Generate and maintain a bidirectional relationship and dialogue with the audience How to write and post on social media How to boost engagement, likes, and follows
35. •Find names for your social media accounts•Create your own accounts•Write a post on Twitter•Write a post on FacebookWrite a post on LinkedIn•Select a picture for a pinboard•Find a way to boost likes and follows
36. Reputation Before, reputation was only the traditional media and people to people Now, it is everywhere!
37. eCrisis Rumors Scandals Customer Service Scale and quickness
38. Metrics It is all about influence , exposition, impressions, and conversion Klout PeerIndex Google Analytics Twitter Counter & Tweet Stats Facebook Fan Page Insights LinkedIn Group Stats Wordpress Bitly
39. 10 tips to remember 1. Integrated Strategy 2. Targeted Audience 3. Engagement 4. Interaction Between Networks 5. Importance of Content and Messages 6. Message Lifetime 7. Saturation 8. Need Time to Build a Platform with Audience 9. Corporate Reputation 10. Metrics