Battle of Midway Jessica Meck and Stephanie Norris
- Located in Central Pacific Ocean
Beginning & End
US vs. Japan
Cause of Battle of Midway
- Japanese failure at Coral Sea
- Cause Japanese to battle against American Navy
- Japanese wanted more control of Pacific Ocean
- Sent half his aircrafts to attack Midway in the early hours
- Other half armed incase of American warships’
- Wait for US aircrafts to strike back
- Assemble aircraft carrier task force
- Set off a diversion attack off the Aleutian Islands
- Set up the U.S. Navy to go to Midway Island and get into a battle
- Destroy remainder of American fleet after Pearl Harbor
- US commander knew Japanese plans beforehand
- Attack before Japan expects them to
- Aircraft Carrier USS Yorktown
Japan Loss Carrier Akagi
Outcome American Aircraft
- World War II: Battle of Midway - Turning Point in the Pacific . Kennedy Hickman. Web. 23 Mar.2010.
- Battle of Midway . 9 Feb. 2009. Web. 23 Mar. 2010.
- Battle of Midway . 2000. Web. 23 Mar. 2010.
- The Battle of Midway, 1942 . 2001. Web. 23 Mar. 2010. <http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/midway.htm>.