Explorations of MOOC purposes…
• Higher education context
• Adult education context, literacy, numeracy,
• Corporate Training & Development
• K-12 context
Open Education Movements
• Open Education Resources
• MIT Open Courseware
• OpenLearn UK
• Open Courseware Consortium
Why develop a MOOC?
What does it take?
What does it look like?
• cMOOCs versus xMOOCs
• Connection versus self-direction and
• Coursera, edX, Canvas, Desire2Learn, Moodle,
FutureLearn, Open2Study, ChangeMOOC,
• New ways to find MOOCs
• Mooc.ca, Class Central, Open Culture,
• Online Courses.com
What does it all mean?
Jenni Hayman, Executive Director
Wide World Ed ~ www.wideworlded.org