• For my double page spread I decided to use a large picture that filled the whole of one page. This left the other page for the interview information and artists title name with featuring pictures.
• Firstly I had to choose between several pictures that were appropriate. I had to consider this as the image had to reflect the mise en scene.I had a choice between these three images. I decided not to choose the first one as it wasnt suitable for my mise en scene, therefore i had a choice between the second and last one, there is a difference in the lighting therefore i chose the last one because I didnt want the image to be too bright as the light was shining on the subjects face to much and took the colour from her face.
• After choosing my image I wanted to align it to the left of the page, this is when I used free transform, by pressing ctrl + T to flip the image. This gave the impression the model was looking toward the page and not way. I then decided to frame the image with a black outline by using a black box. However I felt this didnt make the image stand out as much as I would of liked. This led me to use the box tool again to put some thin white boxes inside the black one around the edge. This made the image stand out a lot more and framed it really well. I then continued with the box tool to draw the lines on the right of the page. The purpose of this was to create a divided between where the tile was going to go and the interview. The lines are of different sizes which looked better than them all being the same size. I decided to leave them black as it follows of from the framing of the image. Then, I used the box tool again to create a little box in the right hand corner in which I incorporated the title name. This was a follow on from the contents page. I used the same font as the contents page for the title in the corner so it looked the same and used the same colours.
The next step was to use the text tool and position the artists name and choose afont. The font I chose was Ancestory SF, I liked this because it reflected the image asit was sophisticated and girly. I decided to align the artists name on different levelsto fill the space but create room in the corner for the featuring images. The imagesof the artist I used was a close up, the a big close up on her eyes and lips, thiscreates more mise en scene showing her features and the passion in her eyes. Toput a black border around the images I right clicked on the image layers and choseblending options then stroke and chose my width. This mad the images more bold. Ithen put another black box at the bottom for the page number. I used the samepage number as noted on my contents page to make sure it was right for the reader.I again used the colour white matching the style of the title in the top corner.
Next, I used the text box to type two letter L’s, this was done to represent the artists name.They was black therefore I lowered the opacity so it turned it grew. This was then light enoughto put my interview content over it. I started by making the first letter bigger than the rest likeother magazines then wrote a little about the artist the put my questions and answers in. I usedthe colour purple for my questions so there is a clear divide between the questions andanswers also it was because the artist stated it was her favourite colour. The in the bottomright corner I included to artists album cover from the front page with a caption stating what itis. I positioned it here as it would be at the end of the article. Then I used a picture of a lilybehind the artists name to represent it. It also stopped it from looking so plain and addeddimension to the page. After including the image I felt the page was too dull and there was tomuch grey, therefore I wanted to incorporate the purple from the text into the picture. So Iduplicated the image layer and coloured one purple. Then lowered the opacity so the imageappeared to be purple. This made the page more bright and complimented the text and mainimage. Changing the colour to purple also added to the theme of the mise en scene making itreflect the suttle girly image and quote.
Finally, I finished off my interview information by separating them into two columns sothey were over the two L’s. I then took a phrase from the interview and positioned it in themiddle of the righting to make it evident that it was an interesting phrase. I used the samefont to keep it consistent, then I used the box tool to create a box behind the phase tomake it stand out more. I did this by using the same colour as the image above it. I thenused the same colour to create another box to put on the main image but lowered theopacity slightly so the image was showing through. I then added the quote from the artistthat related to the image for the mise en scene. I used the same font for this quote as myinterview and phrase and put it in front of the box. I then used the round rubber to shapethe box to the text. I then created another text box for the speech marks and made thenbigger than the writing, to make my double page spread different from others. I changedthe opacity of the speech bubbles so they wasnt too bold, so the was behind the text andmade it more interesting.