2. WTF am I?• SEO (and more) since 2004.• In the iGaming industry since february 2010.• Working in-house for online casinos.• Im not an affiliate• www.stefanogorgoni.it• twitter.com/must
3. Gambling? iGaming :)You call it Gambling. We call it iGaming. I guess it makes usfeeling better.IGaming includes: • casino games (roulette, blackjack, slots, etc.) • poker • sportsbook • bingo
4. iGaming: how much is it worth?iGaming industry is quite competitive... $150 billion dollars isset to be the annual revenue for the gambling industry by 2012,according to a market review by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
5. Know the industry• A lot of targeted traffic comes from affiliate websites.• A single player can spend a lot of money.
6. ReputationVERY GOOD! = =
7. Black hatThe biggest myth about SEO in the iGaming is: ITS ALL ABOUT BLACK HAT!
8. Too competitive for white hat SEO?
9. Issues• Time• Keyword research• Link building• New markets
10. Mr. Wolf also known as SEO
11. Time• Email marketing: send emails and count the cash• Affiliate marketing: pay only after earning• SEO:
12. Keyword researchGoogle AdWords restricts the promotion of online gambling andgambling-related products.http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en&topic=1310883&guide=1308252&page=guide.cs&answer=176014
13. Link buildingCheck your competitors...
14. Use the affiliates• 301 on affiliate links• rel canonical
15. Link baiting?Yeah, right...
16. Build a network
17. Buy links
18. And everything else......coming from competitor analisys.• http://www.majesticseo.com/• http://www.link-assistant.com/seo-spyglass/
19. Little problem
20. Dura lex sed lex
21. Good market - Bad market
22. New market, new language
23. Results?A 95% white hat strategy definitely works!
24. So...• iGaming is not spam• Black hat SEO is not required/recommended• White hat works!
25. More about me• http://www.stefanogorgoni.it/• http://www.stefanogorgoni.com/• http://twitter.com/must• http://twitter.com/akamust• http://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanogorgoni