1. Pinterest for the Technical
2. • What is Pinterest?
• How to use it
• WHY??? (WIIFM?)
• Specific applications for Technical
• New Features
3. What is ?
• Pinterest is a pinboard-style social photo
sharing website that allows users to create
and manage theme-based image collections
such as events, interests, hobbies, and
• Users can browse other pinboards for
inspiration, 're-pin' images to their own
collections or 'like' photos.
4. What is ? (Continued)
• Pinterest's mission is to "connect
everyone in the world through the
'things' they find interesting ".
• Founded in 2009 by Ben
Silbermann (of West Des
Moines, Iowa), Paul Sciarra, and
5. What is ? (Continued)
• Pinterest became the fastest site in
history to break through the 10 million
unique visitor mark.
• With an initial Closed-Beta population
of 5,000 users in 2010, Pinterest now
has over 12 million users.
6. Who uses ?
According to Google Ad Planner:
•Pinterest's user base is made up
of 80% women.
•Over half of those using
Pinterest fall into the 25-44 age
range (30% 25-34 / 25% 35-44).
7. Why ?
• Add Creativity
8. Email Notifications - Immediate
9. Email Notifications - Weekly
From Awesome to Annoying in just 30 days
12. Whole Foods Cookie Swap –
13. Of special “pInterest”
• Copyright Infringement
• Phishing Scams
14. Unique Uses
Wall Street Journal
15. Unique Uses - Peugeot
16. Thank you for your attention!