2. SPECIFIC PURPOSE
• To profile or shape the edges & ends of
3. SPECIFIC SAFETY RULES
1. Always feed your material from RIGHT to
LEFT when table routing.
2. Hold or clamp work piece securely when
3. Keep hands clear of rotating bit.
4. USEFULL TIPS
1. Feed router firmly at consistent rate.
2. Make trial cut on scrap piece before
attempting final cut.
3. Select proper bit or cutter for proper job.
5. ROUTING TECHNIQUES
Free Hand Routing
Operator feeds the router into the edge of their
material as a bearing guides the
Table Mounted Routing
The router is fixed upside down in a table. The
operator feeds their stock past the rotating bit.
6. COMMON ROUTER BIT PROFILES
7. COMMON ROUTER BIT PROFILES