• To cross-cut to finish length and to make
miter and bevel cuts.
SPECIFIC SAFETY RULES
1. NEVER make rip cuts.
2. Always keep one hand on the handle
with the power switch. Hold your stock
tightly with the other.
3. Secure stock tightly against the table and
Specific Safety Con’t
4. Make sure the blade is not in contact
with the stock before pressing the power
5. The blade must reach full speed before
lowering into stock.
Procedure for cross cutting stock.
Secure stock tightly against the table and back fence.
Press and hold the power switch. Push the saw head
down until the blade passes through the stock.
Release the power switch; raise the saw head and
allow blade to fully stop.
Remove your stock.
Use a STOP BLOCK when cutting parts of equal
Procedure for cutting the Miter Angle.
1. Loosen the miter lock handle and rotate the
turntable to the desired angle indicated on the
2. Lock the lever and tighten the lock knob to
hold the table and saw head in position.
3. Hold your stock securely and make the miter
Procedure for cutting the Bevel Angle.
1. Loosen the locking lever located on the back of
the saw and tilt the saw head until the desired
angle is indicated on the bevel scale.
2. Tighten the lock lever to keep the saw head in
the proper position.
3. Hold your stock securely and make the bevel
Why the compound miter saw is
such a versatile machine?
1. Replaces the radial arm saw
2. Ability to make short crosscuts and
angles quickly and safely.