1. Colorado CrowdfundingPresented by Vim ConsultingThank You Rocky Mountain Innosphere
2. Agenda•  Introduction•  Overview of Openshop•  History of Crowdfunding•  Five Funding Options•  Top Funding Tip•  CO Crowdfunding Workshop
3. About BrianPersonalI am a dad with two boys, conscious entrepreneur and committed to myspiritual inner journey, my purpose is to live passionately inspired to createconnection and full engagement, All-American swimmer in collegeProfessional•Visionary in my EZOG Style•I am an entrepreneur - over 20 years of experience•I raised almost $2 million in private equity•Board Member Crowdfunding Professional Associations•Founder, CEO of Vim, Inc•Co-Creator of Funding Launchpad, Vim Insights, Vim Quests, Vim Loft, Vim Events, Vim Startups, Vim Fundability, Vim Lending, Vim SoftwarePrograms: Colorado Crowdfunding Intensive
4. DisclaimerI am not an attorney, nor play one ontelevision. I am not providing legal adviceand you are advised to talk to an attorneywith any securities transactions you areengaged in.
5. Colorado CrowdfundingPart One: History of Crowdfunding
6. What is Crowdfunding?•A collective effort from many individuals tofund a charity, event, business, artist andother projects typically online.•The JOBS Act is a Game Changer–Title II–Title III
21. Colorado CrowdfundingPart Two: Five Funding Options
22. Options for Issue1. Form RL-Limited Registration by Qualification2. CO U-7 SCOR-Small Company OfferingRegistration- with Reg D 5043. Regulation A4. Reg D 504 MAIE5. Reg D 506 Exemption Title II JOBS Act
23. Form RL Key Qualification80% of raise must be spent in Colorado entityMajority of employees based in COAll investors must be CO residentsColorado Entity$1M in 12 monthsEscrow requiredMin/Max
24. Form RL Registration Key Advantages•  Limited documentation•  Reviewed financials•  The Colorado Division of Securities (DORA) should decide within 14 business days•  $75 filing fee•  Lowest compliance cost option
25. SCOR Key Qualifications-47 States offer a SCOR, filed underuniformed application U-7-Must file Federal Exemption- Reg D 504-$1M in 12 months-$1.00 per share min-Can require audited financials, ongoingrequirement for audit post funding-Escrow required-Min/Max
26. Reg A Key Qualifications-Federal Exemption by Review-Complete and File Form 1-A-Reviewed by the SEC-Verbally "Testing the Waters"-Offering Circular required-Currently up to $5M in 12 months-No set requirement for accounting although SEC can require audited-No escrow or min/max
27. Reg D 504 MAIE-Only generally solicit to Accredited Investors-Must file Reg D 504 with SEC and CDOS-Maximum raise $1M in 12 months--Usually offered through Private Placement Memorandum-There is no qualificationFile MAIE Form with CDOS
28. Reg D 506-Practically only sell to Accredited Investors-Currently NO advertising or general solicitation- Title II JOBS Act changes this-Usually audited financials are required-Unlimited amount of capital-Usually offered through Private Placement Memorandum-There is no qualification
29. FormsU-7Form 1-AForm RLForm DMAIE Form
30. Other DocumentationPrivate Placement MemorandumShareholder AgreementLoan AgreementLeasesPurchase OrdersExpert OpinionsAccounting Opinions
31. Takeaways•  You have four current options for selling securities to the public now•  In the future with the JOBS Act you will have two more•  Selling securities to the public is only right for some businesses•  Compliance is a significant component of general solicitation•  The Vim Fundability Decision Tree
32. Colorado CrowdfundingPart Three: Top Funding Tip
33. Understanding Your Investor1.  What stage is your business?2.  What type of investor is best for stage?3.  Know your investor preferences and past investments4.  Know psychographics and demographics5.  Find a way to get in front of these people
34. Go Raise Money!
35. Colorado CrowdfundingPart Four: CO Crowdfunding Workshop
36. Why take this workshop?
37. Hard to find Capital
38. General Solicitation InvestinMyCompany.com
39. Who is it for?Any business that is ready to raise capitalusing general solicitationAny business that generally seek under$1M in capital Reg A is $5MAny business with lots of CO connections,fans, customers or social networkAny business that simply wants to learnhow to raise capital like a professional
41. Workshop InformationJoin us for our three day intensive program February 11th, 13th & 15thFocus on Form RL, SCOR, Reg A, Reg D 504 MAIE and Reg D 506 registrations and Crowdfunding modelOnly have 9 slots open for class
42. Sign Up Today!Investment $1497, limited to first 10.If you sign up for session today you also get-a free 1 hour coaching session prior to workshop-$1000 off FundingLaunchpad.comA total of $1750 free additional value
43. Free Strategy Session• If this is for you, please complete the attached form and return it to me.• I will select 2 applications to meet with in next two weeks• If you want to stay connected to all of our funding news please sign up for our newsletter.
44. We Make It Easy
45. Thank youJoin Colorado Capital Formation Meetup for events on allways to raise capital for your business!