1. From this we found that people prefer a narrative. Therefore our music video would appeal to our audience simply for the reason that our video will have a clear narrative. When asked in the focus group to elaborate they said that a narrative helps them to understand what's going on in the video.
2. This just helps us to understand that cutting to the beat would be vital not only so it looks appealing but so the audience become engaged.
3. Although we had the idea of using black and white for video we wanted to see what our target audience opinion on it was. We came to find from the results that there actually wasn’t a difference. But when we asked them in the focus group their view on it wasn’t far off yet they said it depended on the storyline. However they did said that flashbacks in black and white represents it as a flashback a lot more clearly.
5. It was interesting to find that our survey appealed more to males than females as our video would be targeting a more female based audience. This is still useful in gaining a both female and male perspective on music videos.
6. This question enables us to be aware that this target audience prefers more than one
7. As there is simply a big difference in the audience preferring a narrative this clearly shows us that a narrative is important. However this was only giving us quantitive data and so we gathered explanations of why this was from the focus group. We found that they thought that a narrative makes the storyline a lot clearer
8. <ul><li>In order to conduct two pieces of audience research, we prepared questions for a focus group where we gathered a group of people to answer them. The following questions were relatively general to R n B videos but it was also intended to relate to our production. We asked questions which we knew the feedback would help us to make decisions about our music video for example the question about black and white whether they felt it created a particular feeling to the atmosphere of the video or if they preferred not to have it. </li></ul>
9. As seen our target audience prefer R n B over hip hop which favours our music video genre. This therefore gives us further knowledge that it would be appealing to them.
10. <ul><li>From the survey monkey most of the people who were involved were 16-20 which fits our target audience. Consequently our audience would have been thought to be more appealing to females, yet we had more of a male based response to our survey. However this wasn't a complete downfall :) considering there is still a reasonable percentage of females we are able to gain both female and male perspective. The next question received the response that they preferred r n b over hip hop which in relation to our music video is relevant as it is R n B it would therefore be appealing to them. </li></ul><ul><li>The question about whether they preferred black and white or colour flashback seemed to receive an equal response and so when it comes to deciding to choose black and white we would be developing this idea based on our focus group where they were able to elaborate as it was in person. Although this survey was useful for closed questions our focus group would be more useful in gaining more of our audiences opinions. Also we found their most appealing recent music videos which were as you see below. </li></ul>