On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
WELCOME TO BIGGEST“INTER”SCHOOL QUIZGENERAL RULES FOR PRELIMS1. PRELIMS CONSISTS OF 25 QUESTI0ONS.2. QUESTIONS HAVE INTERNAL TIE BRAKERS IN THE CASE OF TIE-UP Tie breaking questions are the starred ones (from 21-25)3. TOP 6 TEAMS GET TO GO TO THE FINALS IRRESPECTIVE OFTHEIR HOUSES WHICH MEANS SELECTION IS BASED ONLY ONMERIT.4. +1 for right answer, no negative marking
CADBURY BOURNVILLE The Cadbury company named the above shown village “Bornville”. This is a village established by Cadbury and houses one of the earliest Cadbury factories.Cadbury named a chocolate “Bournville” to commemorate this village This was one of the cadbury factories
2) The name of the bird means “Stupid”in Portuguese and it inhabited island ofMauritius. Identify
DODO!! This is an extinct bird (About which we have already read in our books) which was killed by dutch settlers and domesticated animals of Mauritius. The last known bird was killed in 16th century
3) Name of the Language “X” is derived fromthe word “ʕibri” related to Jewish people. Thename is synonymous with Abraham’ssuccessor Eber. It is known as the “languageof the Jewish people” or “The Holy language”.Identify “X”
4) Recently the BPL (Below Poverty Line) was set at Rs 32 per day. This resulted in a great controversy asking the commission that framed this BPL to live at Rs 32 per day. The commission apparently shifted the blame to Tendulkar report. Which commission are we talking about and who is the head of it?
MONTEK SINGH AHLUWALIA AND THEPLANNING COMMISSION
5) PUT FUNDA
WORLDS FIRST PHOTOGRAPHThe photo was taken by Joseph Nicephore Niepce, a scientifically minded gentleman.The above image was taken in 1826 and was taken by a daguerreotype.
6) There are two people who havegot bharat ratna ,but not citizens ofIndia. One is Abdul Ghaffar Khan.Who is the other?
7) ID THE PERSON,WHAT IS HE POINTING OUT?
JAMES DYSON AND HE IS POINTINGTOWARDS THE BLADELESS FAN
8) X is a great former world no.1 tennis playerwho won 7 grand slam titles. (3 Wimbledon, 4 USopen). He is associated with one of the greatcontroversies of tennis history. Identify him.
9) CONNECT:1) 2)
MODERN ERA’S FIRST OLYMPICGAMESHeld in Panathaiko Stadium, Athens,Greece was the modern era’s first olympic games which was started primarily due to the efforts of Pierre de Coubertin. This was opened by King George I of Greece in which 14 nations participated in 43 events in 9 sport.
10) When Leonardo Da Vincidesigned it, it was pyramid shaped.Before that it was alwaysmanufactured dome shaped.Nowadays it always looks like awing. What are we referring to?
11 )X is a British manufacturer of ultraluxury cars. Previously this auto cowas known for its rotary aero enginesused in WW 1. Its business is basedin Crewe, Cheshire, England. It waspurchased in 1931 by Rolls-Roycebut the co is now owned Volkswagengroup, Germany. What company isX?
12) What is the zodiac sign that correspondsto this image? Give the name of the sign inboth hindu and western culture?
13) Connect1) The Noddy books2) The Secret Seven series3) The Malory Towers series4) The St. Clares series5) The Wishing-Chair series
14) X is a television anchor for a quiz show in TV and a Member of parliament. He won a seat in rajya sabha on a trinamool congress ticket.X hosts the longest running quiz show in television.
A quite straightforward question15) Which is the longest epic in the world?(And its not mahabharata)
KING GESAR- CONSISTING OF AMILLION VERSES
16) Identify this great Physicist who won Nobelprize in the year 1965 for equations regarding subatomic particles.He is famous for his lectures.“Theres Plenty of Room at the Bottom”
17) X was a city In India to be designed by a german architect called Otto Konigsberger. The designer had planned well spacious roads and well laid pavements. This city is also called toshali,kalinga nagari, Ekamra kanan,Ekamra kshetra etc.It has chandaka forest reserves in its vicinity.Identify X.
THIS IS THE ONE THAT EVERYONE CAN AND SHOULD ANSWER18) “Smarter planet” is the tagline ofwhich company?
19) In Hindu mythology, X is the God of weather andwar.„X‟ is known as SAKKA in Pali, PHRA INN in Thai,Dìshìtiān in Chinese and Taishakuten in Japanese.Identify: „X‟ Detail of the Phra Prang, the central tower of the Wat Arun ("Temple of Dawn") in Bangkock - showing X.
20) The X was a national newspaper publishedin the United Kingdom from 1843 to 2011. It wasat one time the biggest selling English languagenewspaper in the world, and at closure still hadone of the highest English language circulations.The newspaper was first published as X on 1October 1843, by John Brown Bell in London.The papers motto was "All human life is there“Identify X.
NEWS OF THE WORLD
SMITHSONIAN – THE MUSEUM OFNATURAL HISTORY This is the worlds largest museum
22*) What is being shown here? (Name of this is not needed)
TSANGPO CANYONThis is where the Brahmaputra river “U” turns towards India and the region where China was trying to build a dam to divert the tsangpo water. And finally this is the WORLDS LARGEST CANYON
23*) X was a three time F1 champion. He died in the san marino GP at tomburello corner. Identify X.
AYRTON SENNA HE was the person about whom a documentary was aired during Indian GP.
24*) IDENTIFY THE FLAG
25*) Identify the advertisement
THANK YOU! Questions by,Navin Sridhar Sai Prasath J A P KamaleshFinals will be conducted @ sharp 12:15 PM