As an owner of an agency that has an army of staff spread out over offices in four countries, structure is a key ingredient for success, followed by process and communication protocols. In this session, I will talk about my vision of a successful SEO company, and how having a vision has always been my biggest factor in leading me to where I am now with my agency and my clients.
Kristjan Mar HaukssonFounder, primary consultant and speaker at Nordic eMarketingHe has years of experience speaking during international seminars, conferences, and workshops, including SES, SMX, AdTech and SASCon, across numerous countries such as the U.S., UK, Norway, Sweden, Belgium and others.Kristjanspecialises in multilingual Internet Marketing and is the co-author of the highly regarded book "Global Search Engine Marketing".Kristjan has also extensive experience working in online crisis management for government agencies, and has through his career worked with governments and/or their agencies in Europe, America, Africa and Asia. Amongst brands that Kristjan has worked with include Fujitsu, Symantec, VMware, Expedia, NFL, Bing, Tesco, and Budget.
1. Be EPICSuccessful SEO Company Structure and Responsibilities
2. Why should you be EPIC?Successful SEO Company Structureand responsibilitiesAs an owner of an agency that hasan army of staff spread out overoffices in four countries, structure isa key ingredient for success,followed by process andcommunication protocols.In this session, I will talk about myvision of a successful SEO company,and how having a vision has alwaysbeen my biggest factor in leadingme to where I am now with myagency and my clients.
3. Who am I?• Father of 5 kids and REALLY love what I do • I have been doing Internet marketing (IncludingSearch) since 1998– Owner of Nordic eMarketing – 45 people in five countries• Written two books on the subject of InternetMarketing• On the Search Engine Marketing Professionals(SEMPO.org) board of directors• On the Bing Advertising Advisory Board• Frequent speaker and lecturer about the topic• Focus on Global Internet Marketing– Worked with Dell, Expedia, Symantec, Fujitsu and more
5. The E in EPIC stands for• Entrepreneurship– The beginning, it all about the idea• Entertainment– Having fun while doing it• Enabling– Give you staff the option to take the journey with you andenable them to show what they are all about• Expectations– Manage expectations• Ethics– Make sure that you are ethical, honest and forth coming inyour relationship with clients and other stakeholders
6. The P in EPIC stands for• Personal– Take it personally• Patience– Success will not happen over night• People– No company is bigger than its employees• Prospects– Learn from both from success and failures when dealingwith possible clients• Processes– Make sure that you have process in place
7. The I in EPIC stands for• Ideas– Never kill the first idea• Intelligence– Invest in intelligence• Insights– Education, reeducation and more education• Innovation– The key to progress• Informative– Pass on knowledge
8. The C in EPIC stands for• Creative– Think out side of the box• Clients– Service your clients and maintain a great relationships– Don’t be afraid to terminate “stupid” clients• Cooperation– Find like minded people/companies and partner up• Component– Different components apply to different projects so beflexible• Chaotic– Phoenix rises from the ashes of chaos (fire)
10. BIG THANKSKristjan Mar Hauksson@optimizeyourweb