• “Managers are people who do things right, while leaders
are people who do the right thing”, goes a famous
saying.So the mantra behind being a good leader is :
• Leaders should not think of themselves as Managers or
Supervisors, but as “team leaders”.
• Understand the personal work preferences and motivation
of their team.
• Takes decision in consultation with his team.
• Looks at everything in totality.
• Thinking global and adapting to the fast changing
• He must value group discussions and inputs from his team.
• Should encourage team participation & delegate wisely.
• Should aim at developing a culture that fosters new idea
and a spirit of enterprise.
• Leadership is not about getting people to do what they
want but it is about getting people to do “what they don’t
want to do”.
• A good leader, by exercising efficient leadership,
motivates the employees for high performance.
• A good leader who is self-confident, lives the values,
builds teamwork and partnership creates a shared vision
has personal integrity, thinks globally and technologically
• Power does not make anyone a leader, it simply makes
them a boss. Leadership makes people want to achieve
higher goals and objectives, while bosses merely tell
people to accomplish a task or an objective.
• Learn to be strong,bold &
• Lateral thinkers
• Empowers people
• Embraces change
• Ensures customer
• Ability to talk
• Anticipates opportunity
• Achieves a competitive
• Appreciates cultural diversity
• Affirm people’s talents
• Ask questions accessible
• Desire to lead
• Develops people
• Demonstrates personal
• Example setter
• Remind people of their
• Reward and recognize
• Risk taker
• What will be your
perceived qualities of