Women’s Day Quiz - Amity DepartmentPresentation Transcript
Rules 1. The quiz is for teams of two members.2. The quiz will have six rounds with elimination at the end of three rounds. 3. There will be 3 rounds clock wise and 3 rounds anti clock wise in the whole quiz. 4. Goodluck to all participants.
Round I – Famous Indian Women
1. Also called Priyadarshini, she was assassinated in the aftermath of Operation Blue Star. Her son was assassinated too, unfortunately. Who was this dynamic woman, who’s famous quote includes, “Garibi Hathao!”?
Laxmibai – Rani of Jhansi
3. Who in 2010 became theyoungest woman to win the Arjuna Award, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award and the Padma Shri in the same year?
4. In 1972, she joined the IndianPolice Service – becoming the first woman to do so. She is a now a social activist after retiring from police service. Who?
5. Her political party ended the CPI(M)’s 34 year rule in a particularIndian State. Her motto is – Ma Mati Manush. Who?
6. She is the managing director ofICICI bank and its CEO as well. She is the only Indian to have consistentlyfigured in Fortune magazine’s “Most Powerful Women in Business” edition since 2005. Who?
7. She is in the Guinness WorldRecords from 1974 – 1991 for having made the most recordings in the world. In that time, she hadrecorded approximately 25,000 solo, duet and chorus backed songs in 20 Indian Languages. Who is this nightingale?
8. She won the Miss India and Miss World pageants of 1994. Later on,The New York Times, in 2004, called her, “the most beautiful woman in the world.” Who?
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
9. Who succeeded Somnath Chatterjee to become the firstwoman speaker in the Indian Lok Sabha?
10. Who is the first Indian femaleathlete to surpass US $ 1 million in career earnings?
Round 2 – Loose Volleys
1. Which person of Indian origin isthe 4th highest earning female CEO in the world?
2. Identify thechairperson of Biocon.
Kiran Mazumdar Shaw
3. This is AngelaMerkel, leader of which European country? She became the firstwoman to become chancellor of the country.
4. Which British singer – songwriter won 6 Grammy Awards in 2012 andthe 2013 Oscar award for best song?
5. Which American talk show host,actress and producer was ranked the richest African – American of the 20th century? Her TV show ran non stop from 1986 – 2011.
7. Her political party focuses on aplatform of social change to improve the welfare of the weakest strata of Indian society – the bahujans or Dalits, other backward classes andreligious minorities, according to her party website. Who?
8. Identify thissocial activist.
9. She is best known for her vampire book series, Twilight. She is thebestselling author of 2008 and 2009 in America, having sold 29 million books. Who is this author?
10. Which famous author’smiddle name Is Kathleen?
Round 3 – For your eyes only
Aung San Suu Kyi
8. Identify the political leader from her career before politics - Acting
Round 4 – Women Power
1. Which country in the SouthernHemisphere was the first country to allow voting rights to women?
2. What is celebrated in East India to remember the victory of good over the evil mahisashura?
3. Who was the first woman to flyacross the Atlantic Ocean? Mira Nair produced a film on her life as well.
4. If Michelle Obama is one of thetwo US first ladies to feature on the cover of Vogue, name the other one?
5. Childhood photo of which Indian actress?
6. She was the 11th Prime Ministerof her country. Her father was also a former PM of his country. Both herfather and she had to face gruesome deaths.. Which Asian?
7. Which current tennis superstar isthe richest female tennis player ever, due to her record breaking endorsement deals?
8. She missed out on an olympicbronze medal by 0.1 microseconds – coming 4th in the 1984 olympics. Which Indian athlete?
9. Which hollywood personality has adopted children called Shiloh, Zahara, Pax, Maddox, Knox and Vivienne?
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
10.“Of eyes like lotus-petals and of faultless features endued with youth andintelligence, she is extremely beautiful. And the slender-waisted Draupadi of every feature perfectly faultless, and whose body emitteth a fragrance like unto that of the blue lotus for two fullmiles around.” Translated description ofwhich character from Indian mythology?
Round 5 – Last Leap
1. She was an eminent Indian painter born to a Punjabi Sikh father and a Hungarian mother. She has always been considered animportant woman painter of the 20th century in the world. Who?
2. Who won the 1998 Man BookerPrize for fiction for her novel – The God of Small Things (1997) ?a
3. Born Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu in Macedonia, she won the NobelPeace Prize in 1979. She spent most of her lifetime in East India. Who?
4. Who, in 1997, became the first India – born woman to go into space?
5. On 23rd May 1984, Bachendri Pal took part on an expedition nowoman ever tried before. What did she succeed in doing?
First woman to climb Mt. Everest
6. In 1925, she became the firstIndian born female president of the Indian national Congress. She wasalso called the ‘ Nightingale of India’. Who?
7. Who won a bronze medal inWeight lifting, being the first Indianwoman to win an Olympic Medal? She did this at Sydney, 2000.
8. What in India, used by women, isdefined by the Marriam – WebsterDictionary as “Four to Nine Yards of Cloth.”?
9. She was the first deafblind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree. Her teacher Anne Sullivan, taught her words and expressions by the sense of touch. Which inspiring lady?
10. Statistically, what is the largestspoken ‘first word’ of babies around the world?
Amity International Business School Presents Women’s Day Quiz Quizmaster: Sreshth Shah (Semester II, BBA – IB)