2. Google search engine has three main functional units:• Google bot(web crawler code) that actually fetches all new pages from web servers• An indexer which sorts each words of a webpage and store the sorted result in a database• A query processor which gives the search result based on keyword input.How google bot works?• Google bot is web spider used to crawl old and newly formed webpages. The fetched information by a crawler is fed into Google indexing database.• To keep Google indexing database up-to-date with the fresh information Google crawlers regularly visit the most popular sites of the web in order to keep track of the dynamic changes of the webpages.
3. Google indexer• The main purpose of google-bot is to feed the crawled data to Google database (indexer). The URL and the relevant content information of the entire web can be found in Google’s index database. When we search any information in Google’s search page, we actually search the indexing database which gives us the relevant nformation with the link of a webpage. Usually Google indexer does not index words like ‘the’, ‘is’, ‘on’, ‘of’, ‘how’, ‘why’- ignoring these common words makes the search result more efficient.Query processor• For presenting the search result in Google page, there are three main components-user interface(Google search box), query engine which is a word or phrase matching program, search result formatter which actually shows the searched result in Google page.
4. What is Page Rank or Google Page Rank?• Page Rank used by Google is a measure of the importance of a web page over internet. Page Rank is a numerical number and ranges from 0 – 10, 0 being the weakest Page Rank and 10 being the strongest Page Rank. So the higher the number the stronger is the Page Rank.
5. Is Page Rank determined for the entire site or every individual page?Page Rank is determined for each and every individual page on your website, so each individual link of your site may have a different PageRank. But as the website’s home page or the main URL of a website has have more chances of getting higher PageRank than any other page as the home page will have most site linking to it. But in some cases a page may have more PageRank than the home page if the page is more informative and highly viewed.
6. How is PageRank determined?• A. PageRank is determined based on the quality of the inbound backlinks (do follow links only) to your website.• Here quality means the website from where you have got a backlink should be related to your website, meaning the content on both the websites should be of same type.• A backlink from a property related site to a technology site cannot be treated as a quality backlink.• The calculation of the PageRank is also dependent on the PR of the website from where your website gets a backlink.
7. Is all the backlinks important to determine PageRank?• No, all the backlinks are not taken into consideration for calculating the PageRank. The links of type nofollow (anchor tag having rel=”nofollow”) are not taken into consideration for calculating PageRank.• Google does not include nofollow type of links while calculating PageRank.
8. How long does it take to get a Google PageRank?• New web page do not get a PageRank right away; it takes a quite a while to get a PageRank.• It almost takes 2-3 months to assign a PageRank to a webpage.• Pages might have PageRank internally but they don’t get reflected. Google updates the PageRank in every few months.
9. Does the number of outbound links from my webpage improve my PageRank?• No, outbound backlinks do not help in improving your PageRank but it may be the cause for decreasing your PageRank if there are lots of outbound backlinks which are non-quality back links.
10. Does increasing the content of a page change the PageRank?• No, adding fresh and more content to a web page does not directly affect the Google PageRank.• PageRank entirely depends on the number of quality inbound back links.How can I find PageRank?• You can find the PageRank of any web page by using Google Tool Bar.• This is an official extension from Google for the browsers which shows the PageRank of any web page.
11. How to calculate page rank ?
12. Examples for page rank calculation
13. exampleNow begin again with each page being allocated PR1. Link page A to page B and run thecalculations for each page. We end up with:-Page A = 0.15Page B = 1Page C = 0.15Page A has "voted" for page B and, as a result, page Bs PageRank has increased. This islooking good for page B, but its only 1 iterationAfter 100 iterations the figures are:-Page A = 0.15Page B = 0.2775Page C = 0.15It still looks good for page B but nowhere near as good as it did. These figures are morerealistic. The total PageRank in the site is now 0.5775 - slightly better but still only afraction of what it could be.
14. • Link all pages to all pages. Each page starts with PR1 again. This produces:- Page A = 1 Page B = 1 Page C = 1• Now weve achieved the maximum. No matter how many iterations are run, each page always ends up with PR1. The same results occur by linking in a loop. E.g. A to B, B to C and C to D. View this in the calculator.
15. Link page A to both B and C. Also link pages B and C to A. Starting with PR1 all round, after 1 iteration the results are:- Page A = 1.85 Page B = 0.575 Page C = 0.575• and after 100 iterations, the results are:- Page A = 1.459459 Page B = 0.7702703 Page C = 0.7702703• In both cases the total PageRank in the site is 3 (the maximum) so none is being wasted. Also in both cases you can see that page A has a much larger proportion of the PageRank than the other 2 pages. This is because pages B and C are passing PageRank to A and not to any other pages.
16. Top Factors for Google Ranking1. Having backlinks from targeted keyword rich anchor text2. Popularity of the backlinks pointing to your pages3. Backlinks from unique domain names. Do not bring more the 2-3 links from the same domain name.4. Use of keyword in the title of the pageAvoid the following Actions1. Buying link from link brokers or building links with automated software2. Do not build backlinks with spam sites