This is a speed quiz game designed for Korean high school students. My students really enjoyed this activity.
Materials: Computer/TV setup, PowerPoint slides, stopwatch, chalkboard.
1) Divide students into teams.
2) Request two volunteers to serve as timekeeper and scorekeeper, respectively. They can switch roles with other players later.
3) The teams will take turns sending one player to sit in front of the TV screen. During a player's turn, he/she may not look at the screen. Once the player is seated, display the first PowerPoint slide on the screen, and say "GO!"
4) The player's teammates will describe the picture in English. Players may not use gestures, words that appear in the title (e.g. "lion" for "Lion King"), Korean words, or names of real people. For every picture that the player guesses correctly, the team will get one point. If students don't know an item, they can say "PASS!"
5) The player will have one minute to name as many pictures as he/she can. After one minute, the timekeeper should yell "STOP!"
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.