SPORT COUNTRIES NETWORK GUIDELINES
Ignasi Doñate i Sanglas
SPORT COUNTRIES NETWORK
The network is an international group of permanent work, formed
by public administrations of differents sport countries which
adhere to it to put in common their sport policies to establish ties
of international cooperation
FEATURES OF THE SPORT COUNTRIES NETWORK
- Network of networks
- International network
- Network of institutional iniciative
- Network with triple democratic requirement: individual, social and
Sport Countries Steering Committee, suggested to work on these
Proposals and objectives:
1. To maintain the use of “sport countries” concept, as a common
frame and large concept grouping together different types of
countries with the intention and will to support its own sport
2. To define the common use and management of the “sport
3. To promote exchange of information with updated filled
questionnaires and country reports.
4. To study common sport features of countries related to the
5. To establish some objectives in common as axis of mutual
6. To act as a voluntary and useful network on sport issues in the
international framework and sport movement.
7. To promote sport events in related sport countries and to enlarge
the public knowledge of these events.
8. To promote, in general, international competitions and sport
exchanges at different levels.
9. To promote international courses on sport issues by TIC support
following the background of Sport Countries Network.
1.- Sport Country features questionnaire
2.- Sport country report
3.- International Sport Countries Conference
4.- International Sport Countries Tournaments
5.- Agreements between Sport Countries
HOW TO JOIN SPORT COUNTRIES NETWORK ?
Al countries administrations fulfilling sport country features
and sharing the aims of network proposals will be linked to the
Sport Countries Network.
Each administration should fulfil the sport country
questionnaire –see the web- and nominate a contact person.
SUGGESTIONS FOR THE DAY AFTER THE CONFERENCE
- To enhance Steering Committee by the effective participation
of five different administrations.
- To receive sport country administrations proposals in order to
organize the third sport country conference, two years from
now, and to suggest main topics of these conference.
- To entrust the scientific committee of this conference to create
an special link in the sport countries web devoted to
- To enhance the sport country network with other networks
which have collaborated with this conference as an important
- To increase networking among sport countries.