1. Mythical Creatures of Greece
by: Danielle Gauthier
• You may wonder, what are mythical
creatures? Well, in my opinion, I think that
they are creatures that don’t exist, but
people have their beliefs and think they
are real. If you read further in my
PowerPoint, I’ll be giving you information
about several different mythical creatures.
• Madusa used to have beautiful
• She was a gorgon (which
meant a mortal).
• She said that her hair was
more beautiful than the
• Athena punished her by
turning her into a hideous
creature and turned all her hair
• Madusa turned anyone into
stone who ever looked her in
• Was a half man, half bull
• Was imprisoned in the
labyrinth(maze) under King
• It ate human flesh.
• Theseus (a brave prince of the
Athens) killed the Minotaur and
escaped the maze alive.
• The Chimaera was a half lion,
half mountain goat, and had a
• It breathed fire.
• It’s skin was so tough it could
not be pierced.
• A hero from Corinth killed the
• A creature with the head,
shoulders and chest of a
women and the body and
claws of a lion with wings of a
• Killed anyone who could not
answer her riddles.
• She lived above the cliffs of
• A prince answered her riddle
and then she killed herself.
• She lurked in the strait of
• She had the head and torso of
a women, and the fins and tail
of a fish.
• Her waist was sprouted with 6
wolf heads who barked and
devoured any sailors who
• Her most frightening
companion was the Charybdis,
the gigantic whirlpool.
• A snake beast who grew 2
more heads if one was cut off.
• The Hydra was one of
• It had fangs, a poisonous
tongue and claws.
• It was finally killed by Hercules
when he cut off the first eight
heads and burnt the ninth one.