1. SEO, SMO & SEM Strategies<br />Strategies to improve exposure to your company’s website…<br />
2. How Does A Search Engine work?<br /><ul><li>Search engines employ intelligent program robots called crawlers or spider, which visit thousands of websites every hour and index pages according to their content.
3. These indexes are huge databases containing reference and links to the actual websites. The search engines look through this database and displays the results.</li></li></ul><li>How Does A Search Engine Work?<br />Ways to Ensure Rankings in Google :<br /><ul><li> Include a primary keyword in your brand name
4. Start Thinking Like a Searcher
5. Include Google Suggest as a Keyword Research Tool
6. Get locally Optimized for Generic Keywords
7. Make sure Your Online Reputation is Clean
8. Dominate Search Results with Multimedia</li></li></ul><li>What is SEO ??<br /><ul><li>SEO is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via search results.
9. SEO aims to improve rankings for relevant keywords in search results.</li></ul>Why are Search Engines so important?<br /><ul><li> Search Engines are still the biggest resources of website traffic.
10. Higher traffic means more visitors.
11. More visitors means more customers and higher profits.</li></li></ul><li>Why it Matters ?<br /><ul><li> SEO is important because it improves the odds of someone finding your company online.
12. Online visibility can help your credibility and brand awareness.
13. Think like your customers/clients, then verify how people search. SEO can put you in front of the people looking for your products & services.
14. Your online marketing efforts should be focused on an end results.
15. Make sure your website/landing pages make it easy for visitors to sign up, join, request information, buy, or whatever else you seek.</li></li></ul><li>Key Phrase Research & Meta Tag Generation<br />RESEARCH ON KEY PHRASES<br /><ul><li> Find the best phrases that describes your business and products offered. The most searchable key phrase terms by site visitors.</li></ul>IMPROVE KEY PHRASE PROMINENCE, DENSITY & PROXIMITY<br /><ul><li> Key phrases at the top/beginning of your page. Total phrases contained within the total text and the closeness between two or more phrases.</li></li></ul><li>META TITLE TAG<br /><ul><li> Make attractive and easy to understand (65 – 75 characters max.). Use most important key phrases first. Unique to content of page.</li></ul>META DESCRIPTION TAGS<br /><ul><li> Describe the pages in one to two sentences. Include key phrases included in copy of page.</li></ul>META KEYWORD TAGS<br /><ul><li> No longer used by any of the major search engines.</li></li></ul><li>The SEO Optimization Process<br /><ul><li> On-Page Optimization
16. Off-Page Optimization</li></li></ul><li>On-Page SEO<br /><ul><li> On-page optimization (on-page SEO) is what can be performed on pages of a website to maximize its performance in the search engines for targeted keywords related to on-page content.
17. On-page optimization stands for all of the techniques and methods used on your website that is hosted on a server.
18. On-page optimization has an effect on your website listing in natural results.
19. On-page factors are controlled by coding on website pages</li></li></ul><li>On-Page SEO Elements<br /><ul><li>Title tags
20. Meta tags
21. ALT tags
22. Header (H1, H2) tags
23. URL structure
24. Internal Linking
25. Anchor text
26. Relevant keywords near your inbound link
28. Keyword density
29. Site maps (XML & HTML)
30. Usability</li></li></ul><li>Title, Meta Tags in Source Code<br />
31. H1 & H2 Heading, Alt Tags & Anchor Text<br />H1 & H2 HEADING FORMAT<br /><ul><li> Applying H1 & H2 Tags in your source code will be helpful in achieving high ranking</li></ul>ALT TAGS<br /><ul><li> Most sites contain images. Where it makes sense, add text in your Alt Tags to describe the content of the graphics.</li></ul>KEY PHRASE RICH ANCHOR TEXT<br /><ul><li> Anchor text for both external links and internal links is the powerful </li></ul> element for search engine positioning.<br />
32. Off - Page SEO<br /><ul><li> Off-page optimization (off-page SEO) is what can be done off the pages of a website to maximize its performance in search engines for target keywords related to the on-page content and keywords in off-page direct-links.
33. Off-page optimization is a very important part in search engine optimization because it gives back links to you site and it requires a lot of work.
34. It helps to maximize website performance in search engines for targeted key phrases.</li></li></ul><li>Off - Page SEO Opportunities<br /><ul><li> Search Engine/Directory Submission (DMOZ, Best of the Web)
35. Social Book Marking Submission (twitter, digg.com, del.icio.us)
40. Forums & Comment posting (signature links)</li></li></ul><li>Link Building<br />WHAT IS LINK POPULARITY?<br /><ul><li> Link Popularity refers to the number of links pointing TO your site FROM other sites on the Web.
41. Building links is one of the most important factors in getting top placement on the major search engines.</li></ul>WHY ARE LINKS SO IMPORTANT?<br /><ul><li> Inbound links are one of the most important factors for getting a high keyword ranking,
42. Outbound links to quality and pertinent site are important as long as they add value to the site visitor experience.
43. It’s not the quantity of links, but the quality of those links which is very important. </li></li></ul><li>Search Engine Ranking Factors<br /><ul><li> Keyword Use in Title Tag
44. Overall Popularity of Site – “Trust” & “Authority”
45. Anchor Text of Inbound Link
46. Age of Site
47. Internal Link Structure
48. Keyword use in Page Content
49. Outbound Links to Quality/Relevant Sites
50. Age of Page
51. Key Phrase Use in Heading Tags (H1, H2, H3)</li></li></ul><li>Analytics Tracking Report Generation<br />
52. Social Media Optimization<br />Facebook<br /><ul><li> Profile Creation