2. What is mind reading?
3. Why mind reading?
4. How does it work?
5. Advantages and uses
6. Disadvantages and problems
People express their mental state, including emotions, thoughts
and desires, all time through facial expression
• Mind reading machine is co-ordination of human psychology and
• Some Equipment are used to gather data & then analyzed. To
use those data for further prediction is known as theory of
Why mind reading?
The Mind reading Computer system Present information about
your mental state as easily as a keyboard and mouse present a
text and commands.
Current project in Cambridge are considering further input
such as body posture and gesture to improve the inference.
We also looking at the use of Mind reading to support online
shopping and learning system.
What is mind reading?
Drawing inspiration from psychology, computer vision and
learning has developed mind reading machine computers.
Using a digital video camera, the mind reading computer
analyzes a person’s facial expressions in real time and infers that
person’s underlying mental state.
Prior knowledge of how particular mental states are expressed
the face is combined with analysis of facial expressions and head
gestures occurring in real-time , its very use full for future.
hoW does it Work?
The mind reading actually involves measuring the volume and
oxygen level of the blood around the subject's brain, using
technology called functional near-infrared spectroscopy
The user wears a sort of futuristic headband that sends light in
that spectrum into the tissues of the head where it is absorbed
by active, blood-filled tissues. The headband then measures
how much light was not absorbed, letting the computer gauge
the metabolic demands that the brain is making.
ADVANTAGES AND USES:
• Can read minds
• Help paralytic patients
• Help Handicapped people
• Help Comma patients
• Help people who cant speak
• Can be used for military purposes & sting operations
• Can be combined with consoles & used for mind gaming, robotics & stuff.
• Eliminate the capability to lie.
• Breach in privacy
• Can extract, through an individual, an important, secure &
• information of individual, state or even a country
• If developed or used by sinners, can be highly dangerous
• No way to neutralize this technology
• Users wear futuristic-looking headbands to shine light on
their foreheads, and then perform a series of
increasingly difficult tasks while the device reads what
parts of the brain are absorbing the light. That info is
then transferred to the computer, and from there the
computer can adjust it's interface and functions to each
• Hence if we get 100% accuracy these computers may
find various applications in many fields of electronics
where we have very less time to react.