This is the town hall/interactive part of the session.
Tell the WSJ Twitter story --- that’s what happens when you are being reactive >>>
Not just the owner issue – it’s the tool issue
So with all of these fuzzy area’s – it begs the question ---
This is the town hall/interactive part of the session.Intuit did $19m on community driven features - productDell $3M in Twitter sales – placementEtsy – promotion
So something is clearly broken – we heard about it this morning – what is social media, how do you use it market -- social media is a bunch of stuff. --- BUT THERE IS ONE TRUTH
So based on this graphic it appears that gartner and forrester have all the cool concept graphs/quadrantsClick --- but the reality is product managers, marketing folk, support people and sales people are using social technologies to be more effective, be more productive and make better products.
This is interesting – but I see a bunch of pm’s using twitter – I mean we have our own hash tags
So – then we must all being using it right? Let’s see what we really think about twitter/
If you think about twitter and marketing, one of the best references is a company right here in town – well round rock.
To take us full circle, if you are tactical and looking to address the inbound requests/ or being reactive – you will just be creating stuff and moving on.
Frank StrongMonitored multiple media typesNews: 22,000 articlesBlogs: 2,500 blogs, 14,000 postesSocial Media: 230,000 referencesMonitoring ContextWhere are they talking about our product?What are they saying?Who are the key influencers shaping the discussion?
Is the network really a differentiator?Is it worth switching to VRZN if I just renewed with AT&T?Is the data plan similar to AT&T or not?
Google makes it easy
1. Social Insights<br />Listen to the Voice of the Market<br />Improve Your Position in the Market<br />Jon Gatrell<br />@spatially<br />Pragmatic Marketing<br />w: www.pragmaticmarketing.com<br />b: www.spatiallyrelevant.org<br />
2. The Marketing Reality<br />
3. The New<br />Good Stuff<br />
8. Who’s the Owner?<br />
9. B2B Marketing and Social Tools Lifecycle<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />Everyone’s Using it<br />Not sure how to use for my job<br />.<br />.<br />It’s just a time sink<br />My CEO read about this<br />This thing on the airplane<br />COOL FACTOR<br />.<br />I read about this thing on<br />on this blog, looks interesting <br />Maybe the next thing is better<br />WHY DID I THINK THIS WOULD WORK?<br />
10. What is a Social Product?<br />
12. “<br />……the world is becoming too fast, too complex and too networked for any company to have all the answers inside.<br />”<br />YochaiBenkler<br />
13. Going Social: From Sale to Service<br />
14. Top 5 Uses of Social Media<br />Optix 2010 Social Media Survey<br />
15. Product Management Usage of Social Media<br />
16. What is The Influence of Social Media on your <br />go-to-market Activities?<br />Considered<br />but not a significant factor<br />None<br />40%<br />51%<br />Major part of the program<br />9%<br />Source: 2009 - 2010 Pragmatic Marketing Survey<br />
17. Yes, for the company <br />(as an individual or as the company)<br />Do You Use Twitter?<br />11%<br />No<br />Yes, Personally<br />62%<br />27%<br />Source: 2009 - 2010 Pragmatic Marketing Survey<br />
18. #prodmgmt<br />#pcampmn<br />#prodmktg<br />
19. What Do We Really Think About Twitter?<br />The Valley is again pulling the wool over the world’s eyes. We’ve learned nothing from the late 90’s! <br />Only experimenting at present <br />@prdmgttype90210<br />@dontweeverlearn2012<br />A nuisance perpetuated by the self-absorbed<br />It makes my eyes bleed<br />@notbuyingitforPM<br />@surlypm.noreallysurlypm<br />@pmpotential: Twitter as a marketing tool has very interesting potential <br />@planningpm:Will use more in 2010 for products <br />Names are changed to protect the innocent<br />Source: 2009-2010 Pragmatic Marketing Survey<br />
20. “<br />”<br />Twitter is a nonstop feedback loop<br />Richard Binhammer<br />
21. Optix 2010 Social Media Survey<br />
22. So why aren’t we more social as Product folk?<br />
44. “<br />and build better products<br />If you aren’t using social media<br />to become a better company,<br />you aren’t using it right. <br />”<br />olivieralainblanchard<br />@thebrandbuilder<br />