Evaluation Activities Due in 19th April!! No extensions!!
19th April Gives us 3 days to ammend and mark. Must be sent to examiner 23rd April. Please email me if any questions OR to mark before you post. Gouldsj@harrissouthnorwood.org.uk 7th, 8th and 9thApril school is open and equipment can be borrowed. Help = blog, PPT, Worksheet Make sure your question number is the title
Preparation Blog MUST keep in order but can add until end of week. Swear words – take them out! ORGANISED- use labels and titles See our blog for extra things to add Evaluation Zone. http://www.hasnmediastudents.blogspot.com/
1. 'In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?' Can do in 2 parts (see: http://musicvideoalexanderwhitcombe.blogspot.com/2009/11/nine-key-frames.html and http://musicvideoalexanderwhitcombe.blogspot.com/2009/11/evaluation-task-one-part-two.html Discuss the ways in which your opening incorporates generic conventions, identify specific scenes. How does your opening develop or challenge these conventions? Does the use of conventions indicate what sub-genre or hybrid genre your opening is? Does your use of conventions indicate what other openings have influenced your work? If so, then be specific with examples.
2. How does your media product represent particular social groups? What are the social groups represented in terms of gender, age, class, race .etc? Is gender represented in a stereotypical way? I.e. men dominant and women passive How does this link into the target audience? (Explore this fully in question 4). Can do as a PPT with images see examples on blog. http://www.slideshare.net/sophiekennedy/how-does-your-media-product-represent-particular-social-groups
3. What kind of media institution might distribute your media project and why? http://cmdiplomayasmin.blogspot.com/2009/11/3-what-kind-of-media-institution-might.html
Useful websites for Ques 3 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_company http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_distributor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_finance http://cmdiplomachristina.blogspot.com/2009/11/evaluation-activity-three.html http://cmdiplomajahmal.blogspot.com/2009/11/evaluation-activity-3.html
4. Who would be the audience for your media product? Consider the age and gender of your target audience.Link this to the narrative and style of your film What other films are similar to yours, who do they appeal to? Include Maslow’s hierarchy...........
Maslow’s Hierarchy – how does your product make them feel?
5. How did you attract/address your audience? http://cmdiplomatilly.blogspot.com/2009/11/how-did-you-attractaddress-your.html http://cmdiplomasophie.blogspot.com/2009/11/5how-did-you-attractaddress-your.html http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=92710 Elaborate on audience feedback you did
6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product? Don’t just say ‘because my teacher told me to’!! Explain advantages/ disadvantages of Premiere Make sure you include after effects, vimeo, facebook etc.. And say where/ why you used them (ie: Facebook is the world’s biggest social networking tool and so could reach a wider section of our audience etc...)
Quicker way to do ques 6 More marks if a film but can pass with this: http://cmdiplomatilly.blogspot.com/2009/11/what-have-you-learnt-about-technologies.html
7. Looking back at your preliminary task (the continuity editing task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product? You must upload both preliminary and final project from Vimeo Final project or closing blog must be the last thing they see. Make sure you mention the 180 degree rule, match on action and shot/reverse shot