HOW TO LEARN ENGLISH
speaking pronunciation vocabulary grammar
HOW TO LEARN SPEAKING
1. Don't study grammar too much
2. Learn and study phrases
3. Reading and Listening is NOT enough. Practice Speaking what you hear!
4. Submerge yourself
5. Study correct material
Speaking Rules you need to know!
1. Study the sound of English and their IPA symbols.
Learn to recognize all the sounds. Learn to recognize
all the sounds. Recognition is important because it lets
you learn pronunciation from spoken English.
2.Learn about phonetic transcription and word
3. Choose your pronunciation model: American or British
4. Get in the habit of checking the
pronunciation of words in a dictionary.
5. Listen and notice.
6. Practice pronouncing English and phrases
word from time to time.
7. Consider learning the pronunciations of the
most common English words in a systematic
1. write the words in a notebook (with their translations or definitions)
2. write the words and definitions on small cards
3. say the words many times (if you have an electronic dictionary you can hear
how the word is pronounced)
4. put the words into different groups (you could use a graphic organizer)
5. write them in a file for use with a computer program (such as Quiz )
6. make associations (in pictures or with other words)
7. ask someone to test you
8. use the words in your own speaking or writing
HOW TO LEARN VOCABULARY
HOW TO LEARN GRAMMAR
1. Make a habit of reading regularly. Read as many English
books, newspapers and magazines as you can get your
2. Reading should be fun, so make sure the texts you choose
are not too too difficult for you. If the book or article you
are reading is a chore, then find something easier. Try
reading graded books written especially for ESL learners.
I've written a guide on how to choose a book here.
3. Find an author you like and read all their books. By doing
this you will get used to the style of a particular author and
the typical vocabulary and grammar they use. As you read
more of his/her books you will find it easier and easier.
4. If you have a local library find out if they stock English books
or if they have bilingual editions of English classics. Or ask
them to stock English translations of books you are already
5. Try reading things more than once. Read something and
then read it again a few weeks/months later. You should
find your understanding has improved.
Advantage In Education
Easy To Learn
Reading Skills/ Pronunciation